(Archived) Windows menu "Send to" sends to random notebook

kgrelling

Brand new Evernote user and very excited to be using it, but i have been running into a problem. I have the Windows "Send to Evernote" option when I right click on a file, and it works as expected except for one thing - it imports the file into whatever Evernote notebook is open at the time in the Evernote app. I assumed that it would import to the default notebook (which I have labelled _Incoming/Unsorted) but it does not. If I use the web clipper or email to my Evernote address those things show up in the default notebook, but not if I use the "Send to" menu item. Am I missing a setting somewhere??? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Brand new Evernote user and very excited to be using it, but i have been running into a problem. I have the Windows "Send to Evernote" option when I right click on a file, and it works as expected except for one thing - it imports the file into whatever Evernote notebook is open at the time in the Evernote app. I assumed that it would import to the default notebook (which I have labelled _Incoming/Unsorted) but it does not. If I use the web clipper or email to my Evernote address those things show up in the default notebook, but not if I use the "Send to" menu item. Am I missing a setting somewhere??? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Hi and welcome to the forums. You can set up one note book to receive all of your "Send to documents" Right click on the notebook you want to use and select properties, check the box "Make this my default notebook" That will do it!

Regards,

David in Wichita

Check your tools/clipping preferences.  You can set it to the active notebook or the default notebook.

Check your tools/clipping preferences.  You can set it to the active notebook or the default notebook.

Weird, but it doesn't work. Tried changing the setting and then resetting it. Opening and closing Evernote. Rebooting the computer and still the "Send to" just sends it to whatever notebook is open at the time. If I use the web clipper or the "Add to Evernote" button in Outlook it goes to the correct folder, but "send to" does not work....

Weird, but it doesn't work. Tried changing the setting and then resetting it. Opening and closing Evernote. Rebooting the computer and still the "Send to" just sends it to whatever notebook is open at the time. If I use the web clipper or the "Add to Evernote" button in Outlook it goes to the correct folder, but "send to" does not work....

I found this in my Evernote Code folder, give this a try!

This is a tip from Evernote
For those of us who are running EN 4.x, one way to do this is to place, in the Windows SendTo folder, a shortcut to an EN auto-import folder. Make sure the import folder in EN is set to delete the source, so that the file is actually "moved in" to EN. The send to folder is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\David\SendTo\Evernote Upload

David in Wichita [Home of the Shocker, going to the final four!!]

Archived