(Archived) Agenda Numbering

I would like to work with our assistant to jointly develop agendas in Evernote for board meetings, and then once the agendas are finalized, paste the Evernore agenda in Word. The issue is that the default Evernote level 2 numbering is numeric. See approval items 1 & 2 below:

1. Call to Order 6:30 PM
  2. Pledge of Allegiance
  3. Citizens’ Forum
  4. Citizen Commissions and Committee Applications for Appointments.
  5. Approvals
    1. Approval item 1
    2. Approval item 2

Now, I can copy the above into Word, and change the formatting on level 2 to alpha (a, b, c, ...) and then past back into Evernote as follows:

1. Call to Order 6:30 PM
  2. Pledge of Allegiance
  3. Citizens’ Forum
  4. Citizen Commissions and Committee Applications for Appointments.
  5. Approvals
    1. Approval item 1
    2. Approval item 2

If I hit return after Approval item 2, I will get a "c."

My question is how can I change the level 2 formatting directly in Evernote? I might need to add a level 2 item under another level 1 item, but the only way I can convert the level 2 items from numeric to alfa is to go through Word.

Thank you.

• Level 5*

As best I can tell, Evernote doesn't support that style of alphabetic outlining, at least in the Windows and Web clients. It's either bullets or numbers (though you can mix'n'match those).

The Windows client does support alphabetic outlining if you past from Word with alphabetic outlining. The Evernote windows alphabetic outlining is smart enough to understand if you have 2 items (a and B), and insert a new item, it is item c. However, I just discovered if I go to my Android client and add an item, everything is converted back to numeric. There is some type of alpha numbering supported by the Windows client, but it diesn't look like it is fully implemented there and it doesn't look like it is at all implemented on the Android client.

• Level 5*

I'd have to say that since alpha outlining isn't supported in the UI (unless it is on Mac or iOS), and it gets converted to numeric when editing on at least one client, that's not a particularly reliable format to use in Evernote, at least at this time.

• 7 months later...
  • Level 5*

Are there any updates from Evernote as to future upgrades (Windows, Android, iOS...) on better Numbering/Outline format?  This is a MAJOR note functionality that is necessary.

Evernote does not usually give out details, or even gross outlines, of their future development plans. Appears to be a company policy.

Archived