(Archived) Evernote Disappears / Hides when clicking on Note Titles

gotbisco

Idea

Using Evernote 5.0.7, when I click on note titles in the list view, sometimes the Evernote main window disappears and I'm suddenly looking at whatever application is behind it, ie Chrome or Reeder.

It happens sporadically and has been happening for a few months. There seems to be no pattern other than it keeps happening. Anyone else running into this?

12 replies to this idea

Unfortunately here's no reliable pattern.

Today I was browsing through Notes in List View, using a one-word search to filter results (not a tag search). I've had 2 instances in the last hour, clicking on the Note title in the List view. They were probably 12 or 13 notes apart, meaning I had looked at 12 notes with no problems in between the two notes that forced the application to hide itself. 

Evernote version: 5.0.7 (400995)

Working on reproducing this in-house. Let me know if you can reproduce it reliably. Thanks for letting us know.

I've been able to recreate this now. I'm on OS X 10.6.8 running the latest EN.  It happens to me when changing tags throughout a succession of notes in a notebook. This happens when either adding or deleting tags in one note then clicking into the next note, which happens every 2nd or 3rd note.

For example: 

I have a notebook that archives my Tumblr posts. Every time I post to Tumblr, a new note in EN is created (via IFTTT).  I realized tonight that I don't care to have any of the notes tagged (the Tumblr tags were carrying over). So I was going through each note in succesion and deleting the tags. Every 2nd or 3rd note, EN just disappears. This happens very consistently

For me to able to get EN to come back up, I have to click on the application that was behind EN (Chrome for example) to make it active, then click on EN in the dock and it comes back up. Otherwise, I can't get EN to open up. 

Archived