Feature request: Floating Notes

jdbutler

Idea

New EN user - and I love it!  I've been searching for a feature that might already exist but I can't find.  I would love to have a floating note that stays on top of other apps while typing and that, perhaps, is a bit transparent.  This would allow me to take notes while reading documents, looking online, etc. without having to switch windows.

Thanks for your consideration!

14 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Nothing like that exists exactly, but we do have a feature we call Quick Note. You can activate it by clicking on the elephant in your menu bar or clicking CMD-CTRL-N. You can type, paste files/pictures, etc and then continue working. You can add to the note as you like and then save it when you're done.

Nothing like that exists exactly, but we do have a feature we call Quick Note. You can activate it by clicking on the elephant in your menu bar or clicking CMD-CTRL-N. You can type, paste files/pictures, etc and then continue working. You can add to the note as you like and then save it when you're done.

I had no idea that existed ! - Thanks

But having that window have a "Stay on TOP" option would be awesome!!!

Transparency would make it a Corvette.

if this option exists in the new windows client - please let me know - is there a multiple window (Note open) option as well?  - of course I want these all to float and be on top too..

and or maybe a floating small tool bar they are attached to, so I can pull them out to display as needed? then wisk them back to be anchored on that tool bar?

I would like this feature too.  I find it that Evernote is too bulky when creating a note.  I would like to have a simple window (minus the sidebar and top bar, just a blank space with text formatting options.  Refer to how Gmail's new compose message box looks with the formatting available within the window near the bottom).  I digress, so having a note window float would be ideal for watching videos in full screen and taking notes!  Please add this feature.

New EN user - and I love it!  I've been searching for a feature that might already exist but I can't find.  I would love to have a floating note that stays on top of other apps while typing and that, perhaps, is a bit transparent.  This would allow me to take notes while reading documents, looking online, etc. without having to switch windows.

Thanks for your consideration!

Great to know, but the floating note feature would be better! THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!!

• Level 5*
On March 24, 2013 at 5:19 AM, jdbutler said:

New EN user - and I love it!  I've been searching for a feature that might already exist but I can't find.  I would love to have a floating note that stays on top of other apps while typing and that, perhaps, is a bit transparent.  This would allow me to take notes while reading documents, looking online, etc. without having to switch windows

28 minutes ago, Cyrus Cempron said:

These would be definitely be a game changer for Evernote. Make note taking agnostic to the desktop windows 10 or Mac. Tough to develop but very powerful.

I can open one or more notes in separate windows (floating)
They are not transparent, but are visible while I'm working
It works even better when you have multiple monitors - my daily journal is always visible and can be updated on the fly

• Level 5*
On July 5, 2016 at 9:25 PM, DTLow said:

I can open one or more notes in separate windows (floating)
They are not transparent, but are visible while I'm working
It works even better when you have multiple monitors - my daily journal is always visible and can be updated on the fly

1 hour ago, Cyrus Cempron said:

Hi, DTLow would you care show us then how you did that?

I should have prefixed that with    On my Mac

I think it's a Windows feature too

I just double click on the note and it opens in a separate window.

On 3/25/2013 at 2:33 PM, Jackolicious said:

On the Mac you can also drag things from the desktop to the icon if you have it in the dock and it works like the quick note.

Archived