Is it possible to "lock" Evernote (or parts of it) to make private notes? In case someone uses your computer and tries to take a look into your notes. I found out, that Premium users can do this in iOS or Android, but what about on my Mac?

Hi Martin and welcome to the forum,

As long as you have basic text and no documents or tick boxes etc you can select the text, right click and then click 'Encrypt Selected Text' add a password and your done!

Regards

Chris

• Like 5

Use the built in feature on a Mac to set up a Guest Account (System Preferences>Users & Groups). With Fast User Switching enabled, it takes almost no time at all to switch you computer over to that mode. Then, you can let people use your computer without fear that they will look at your private stuff or rearrange your desktop or add bookmarks to your browser. Require a password to log in to your own account. 

• Like 1

Thanks Chris, it works :-)

Megsaint: I know about this, but I wanted to just lock some things within my own account, as most of my account isn't secret at all ;-) thanks anyways though!

• Like 1

I just hate other people's activity in my search history. And they move things by accident. Makes me crazy. Glad the encryption works for you!

• Like 1

Hi Martin,

Glad your sorted.

Regards

Chris

As long as you have basic text and no documents or tick boxes etc you can select the text, right click and then click 'Encrypt Selected Text' add a password and your done!

Regards

Chris

I don't see any way of doing that from the web interface? 

Regards

Chris

I don't see any way of doing that from the web interface? 

You can only encrypt using the mac and windows clients. You can decrypt on web and mobile clients. 

• Like 1

I would appreciate a lock notebook and even a lock a single note (like apple notes) feature so that prying eyes don't see sensitive information, that works on mobile or desktop. 

• Like 2