Product feature sugestions

lanzolot

Idea

1. Don't have time/date stamp change when only viewing a notebook, only when there was a change. (I find this very annoying)

2. lock page feature to prevent inadvertent changes to a finished page.

3. zoom feature (fine edit/viewing)

4. ocr option (writing to text)

5. Folder or cabinet system to organize groups of work

6. ability to rotate picture from camera.

7. method to modify notebook name from within the notebook.

I do like and use the program, this short list of improvements will help me with my use of the application. Others please add to my list of you have more ideas.

Thanks

7 replies to this idea

Hi Lazalot,  #6 is available in current release, (4.0.3) of Penultimate, not sure when first introduced.

Firstly long press on the picture to highlight (if not already), make sure the "Delete" prompt isn't visable, then use two fingers to twist the image.

I'd really like to see the features of Penultimate and Skitch to be merged together, in particular the ability to create shapes and text in Penultimate, rather than 100% freehand.

Dan

These are some things I'd like to see added to Penultimate

• Tagging notebooks. The ios evernote client won't let me tag penultimate notes (says they are locked), but the desktop and web versions will. Penultimate itself seems totally unaware that tags exist. It would be a great feature to support tagging at the Penultimate app level and have that sync up with the evernote copies.
  • Cover pages. Right now, the last page you were on becomes the page you see when viewing all notebooks. I'd love it if there was a "special" cover page that would always show up from the preview panel.
  • More colors to choose from on the pen. Maybe I just haven't discovered how to set arbitrary colors yet?

Penultimate: I won't be able to truly use the app for all my iPad note taking until it adds a "zoom" feature. This feature works flawlessly in apps like Noteshelf. Please, please, please add this to Penultimate!  :)

I would like to have more options for landscape/portrait viewing. Right now, if I turn the iPad to landscape, my notes look sideways. It would be nice to give this option (sideways view when in landscape) as well as a normal view in landscape mode (thus the notes flip and zoom appropriately).

An option for locking landscape/portrait modes would also be useful...

Dear Penultimate Development Team:

I use Penultimate almost everyday in my work for taking meeting notes and to diagram my thoughts with co-workers. The digital ink is by far the best of any of the other handwriting systems. My one complaint has to do with wrist detection. I've pointed this out several times since I first purchased and started using the app. The current system, and I'm fully up to date, still is inadequate! Please reconsider your choice not to provide a pull-up wrist shield! This should be a priority because without the shield it is frustrating to use the app because you have to try a couple of times to start the writing.

The other system improvement would be the ability to group multiple pages from a notebook for sharing with others. Currently I have to send individual pages to Evernote and then group them into a single document after that.

Archived