Gtd and due date

I have been using OmniFocus and Organize from taskfabric for my gtd software. I was mostly happy with those apps from a standalone perspective. They look good and have functionality to help me focus on what must be done each day. However, my company uses lotus notes and like most guys, I get over 100 mails a day and try to lead a large team, manage a huge cost center and actually do work. The lack of ability to make my mail into a relevant action, was a consideration for change and since 2 days I started using ever ore for GTD.

so far I am missing only a couple things that are really hurting and need your advice on how you all manage:

1. Due date: how do you know when something is due for tasks you have or those you delegate?

2. Task completed: how do you have the weekly 1:1 with your boss and update him/her on actions completed and actions due next week?

I have been using OmniFocus and Organize from taskfabric for my gtd software. I was mostly happy with those apps from a standalone perspective. They look good and have functionality to help me focus on what must be done each day. However, my company uses lotus notes and like most guys, I get over 100 mails a day and try to lead a large team, manage a huge cost center and actually do work. The lack of ability to make my mail into a relevant action, was a consideration for change and since 2 days I started using ever ore for GTD.

so far I am missing only a couple things that are really hurting and need your advice on how you all manage:

1. Due date: how do you know when something is due for tasks you have or those you delegate?

2. Task completed: how do you have the weekly 1:1 with your boss and update him/her on actions completed and actions due next week?

From what I understand, EN is not really geared to GTD. However, a few people have been able to make it work for them. Please search the board on GTD.

Hi there 

You can do this with a free service called "Followupthen.com" to get reminders in your inbox and with tags

Regarding due dates, a possibility is to use the date as a tag, in a format of your choosing. I for example specify dates with tags begging with "="; so something due in April of this year would be tagged with =2013apr.

You could use PhraseExpress (http://www.phraseexpress.com/docs9/09/manual.htm#calendar) or AutoHotkey (http://webserver.computoredge.com/online.mvc?zone=na&issue=3032&article=vista&session=to get a popup calendar, choose date, and paste the output as the tag name.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived