Feature Request Windows Evernote Premium

FrankNewman

I pretty much mostly use the windows version of Evernote Premium with the vast majority of notebooks stored locally, though obviously use my mobile version if out and about. However, I notice there is only offline access available in mobile versions. Offline access would seem more logical on a PC than in a mobile device and would make Evernote all the more useful on laptops where maybe there is no web access. A standalone version of Evernote for PC would be great too, without the sync abilities of course and with a one off purchase price opposed to subscription based, failing that a lifetime premium purchase offer :-) This would make Evernote excellent competition for Microsoft OneNote which can be purchased as a standalone software for £39.99 and I am currently also trialing in order to decide between the two products.

I prefer Evernote to OneNote since it has the user interface X-Factor.

A second request, would be the ability to Stack, Stacks, to further organize my ebooks, yes you can create notebooks and organize within stacks, but a Stacks within a Stack, (perhaps could be called a library) would make organization even better.

I know you can organize with tags, but it does not take long for you to end up with a neverending list of tags.

A Final request, again for the Premium version, would be the ability to redact PDF files.

Anyway great product, if you could in a future version of Evernote Premium for Windows, include offline access, that would make the software perfect for me.

Andy

I pretty much mostly use the windows version of Evernote Premium with the vast majority of notebooks stored locally, though obviously use my mobile version if out and about. However, I notice there is only offline access available in mobile versions. Offline access would seem more logical on a PC than in a mobile device and would make Evernote all the more useful on laptops where maybe there is no web access. A standalone version of Evernote for PC would be great too, without the sync abilities of course and with a one off purchase price opposed to subscription based, failing that a lifetime premium purchase offer :-) This would make Evernote excellent competition for Microsoft OneNote which can be purchased as a standalone software for £39.99 and I am currently also trialing in order to decide between the two products.

I prefer Evernote to OneNote since it has the user interface X-Factor.

A second request, would be the ability to Stack, Stacks, to further organize my ebooks, yes you can create notebooks and organize within stacks, but a Stacks within a Stack, (perhaps could be called a library) would make organization even better.

I know you can organize with tags, but it does not take long for you to end up with a neverending list of tags.

A Final request, again for the Premium version, would be the ability to redact PDF files.

Anyway great product, if you could in a future version of Evernote Premium for Windows, include offline access, that would make the software perfect for me.

Andy

The Windows client does have it's own "offline" database. 

Nested stacks/notebooks have been discussed on the board already.  A lot.  EN has given no indication they will add them.  And just as you can "end up with a never ending list of tags" (which can be nested, BTW), you can very easily end up with sub notebooks that are many levels deep.  For that reason, it's my experience that tags are much better, especially the more notes you have.

WRT redacting - you can do this yourself with an image editor or even other software for other file types.  This would seem to be something very low on EN's priority list, if on the list at all.

• Level 5*

If you want suggestions about how to organize your notes in Evernote, ask. It's not clear that arbitrarily nested notebooks or stacks are coming any time soon, if at all, but tags may be more useful than you think.

Archived