(Archived) Photo dragged into Note does not appear within note

Sailor_SFBay

Greetings,

Brand new user of the Evernote application for Windows Desktop. Things are not working as I expected, so I need to see where or what I'm misinterpreting.

I followed the instructions in "Getting Started with Evernote for Windows Desktop."  In section two, "Create & Edit a Note," I attached a photo to the note I had just created.  I did the "attach" function using drag and drop, as follows:

I opened Windows Explorer and navigated to a folder on my computer which has photos.  With the Evernote for Windows Desktop, still open from creating the note, I dragged the filename for the photo into the note.

What I expected is that this photo would now appear within the note.  I don't see it.  However, in the "Note List" portion of the home screen, the photo appears (but only when in "snipit" view.

The photo is indeed "attached" to the note, even though it does not appear "IN" the note.  I was able to export the attachment, using "Save Attachments" back to another folder which I created for Evernote exports.

And, somewhere along these steps of poking around, the photo (or attachment) disappeared from the note altogether!

So, I went through the tutorial steps again, creating a second note and dragging a photo from the Windows Explorer file list into the note.  Voila!  This time it appears within the note!

Probably I did something slightly different in my second attempt to follow the tutorial steps, but I don't know.

Other than "If at first you don't succeed, try again," is there something else that I can learn from this experience?

Cheers,

David

• Level 5*

From what you say it took a little while for the photo to appear in your note,  but it got there in the end.  If you remember,  you're not only moving a file between two locations,  but you're also asking Evernote to upload it to the server (OK you may not have asked,  but that's what's gonna happen...) so Evernote has to copy a picture - which might be a couple of megabytes - from one folder to another,  show it in the note and log it for the next upload.  That isn't the sort of thing you get instant action on.  Give it a little time and it will work.  Selecting another note and dropping back to the one you were adding the picture to may also help.

Archived