(Archived) How to show Notebooks Column in Search Results List View

cinthia

Idea

RE Evernote 5.0.7 for Mac & OSX 10.8

Hello, 

I love Evernote and am a premium subscriber because it is wonderful for storing documents. It's also almost as difficult as iPhoto to keep organized. I'm constantly trying to learn how to simplify organization of Evernote and organize the documents.  I realize @ and # can be used for emailed documents but for batches of scanned documents, that's takes too long.  I'm usually just trying to get the documents into Evernote so I can shred them, knowing I can organize later. 

To do that, I need search results to include a column for notebooks. Otherwise, how do I know where the documents are currently filed? Many went to the default "INBOX" but over the years others have been filed elsewhere and I need to know where (what notebook).  Search results show everything BUT notebooks. I use list or snippet views. (To me, card views are inefficient for locating documents.)  Search results show a window with columns named - 

"Tags" "Title" "Size" "Synchronization Status" - and two columns I wish I could remove - "Created" & "Updated" (Receipts and bills already contain dates in the body or title.) 

I know how to click the "Notebook" icon in the sidebar to bring up a window of notebooks in card view (with no way to get a list view). That's not helpful organizing. It looks pretty but not very useful.  HOW do I add a Notebook column for search results?  Thank You For Your Help (I hope).

P.S. I did try to find before posting. I have spent hours, searching the web and forums unsuccessfully.

4 replies to this idea

If I understand correctly, you are asking to have a "notebook" column in list view. This is available with the Windows client, I am surprised this is not the case for the Mac client. But once a note is selected and displayed in the preview pane, you will certainly see in which notebook it is filed?

If you are using a mouse and keyboard, hover over the title bar. 

Press <Control> + Click on the bar, and you will see a mini menu appear with the choices. 

Check "Notebook"

(or you can uncheck/check others as well)

You can grab and drag the column headers to change the appearance order.

Posted · Hidden by GrumpyMonkey, April 20, 2013 - uncool
Hidden by GrumpyMonkey, April 20, 2013 - uncool

If you are using a mouse and keyboard, hover over the title bar. 

Press <Control> + Click on the bar, and you will see a mini menu appear with the choices. 

Check "Notebook"

(or you can uncheck/check others as well)

You can grab and drag the column headers to change the appearance order.

This answer has already been given in this very thread twice. You're wasting precious internet space.

Archived