(Archived) Uptodate User Guide for Windows?

Grant837

Hi,

Is there a more recent version of the Evernote manual for Windows than the one from Nov. 2011?  I would like to be sure I am not missing any new features since then when I am looking there for help...

• Level 5*

Hi - There are several books around which might have slightly more up-to-date information, but Evernote seems always to develop more quickly than its documentation. Experimentation is usually the answer. Poke it with a stick and see what happens.

If you're in doubt (or in need) of any feature, a quick post here will usually clarify the situation - provided the assembled multitude actually know the answer..

Thanks gazumped.  I agree with you, but I had hoped, Evernote because its build on the idea of quickly collecting and finding back information needed for business and personal purposes,  should be able to do better in providing an accessible source of uptodate user guidance.  ;-)

And while I love forums and the help and interactions provided here, I find a lot of my problems are the ones that have no answer because Evernote has not yet gotten around to including the functionality..

Maybe I should make more use of their official support lines too... (but that goes against my grain of wanting to be sure the widest audience has a chance to interact and learn... I just wish Evernote was more a part of the forum in that context).

• Level 5*

Thanks gazumped.  I agree with you, but I had hoped, Evernote because its build on the idea of quickly collecting and finding back information needed for business and personal purposes,  should be able to do better in providing an accessible source of uptodate user guidance.  ;-)

And while I love forums and the help and interactions provided here, I find a lot of my problems are the ones that have no answer because Evernote has not yet gotten around to including the functionality..

Maybe I should make more use of their official support lines too... (but that goes against my grain of wanting to be sure the widest audience has a chance to interact and learn... I just wish Evernote was more a part of the forum in that context).

Actually I think the biggest handicap anyone faces in using Evernote is our natural inclination to keep on doing things the way we always do rather than being innovative,  kicking over the traces,  and coming up with something radical that may be novel,  but gets the job done.  And that's the reason for my stick-poking analogy because I find I can't come up with new stuff that  easily - I have to follow the plan do and review loop a few times!

Archived