Integrating evernote and handwriting tools

axf10

Idea

I am looking for feature that would allow me to handwrite on my existing notes in evernotes. To clarify, I would like to take my evernote notes that have typed notes or PDF or both and handwrite on them using my laptop (Macbook Pro) or my ipad. I have looked at penultimate, and several other handwriting tools online, but  I have not found an easy integration feature with existing evernote notes. I would like to handwrite on my notes and then send them back to evernotes. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

3 replies to this idea

Penultimate syncs directly to Evernote.  It allows you to handwrite your notes and send them to Evernote, which seems to be what you want to do. In what way is that not "an easy integration". If you could, perhaps, explain how that isn't meeting your needs, you might get better suggestions. 

Meanwhile, another favorite app of mine for the iPad is NoteShelf. It has a nice export to Evernote feature. 

I am looking for feature that would allow me to handwrite on my existing notes in evernotes. To clarify, I would like to take my evernote notes that have typed notes or PDF or both and handwrite on them using my laptop (Macbook Pro) or my ipad. I have looked at penultimate, and several other handwriting tools online, but I have not found an easy integration feature with existing evernote notes. I would like to handwrite on my notes and then send them back to evernotes. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Maybe Skitch would work for you? You can mark up notes that you've created on Evernote by pasting the note link into Skitch's built-in browser, and then with your finger or a stylus you can make handwritten modifications. When you save it, it is uploaded to Evernote. The only downside is that you will be working with a copy of your note, so it will look like a copy. But on the bright side, if you decide you don't want the handwritten modifications on your note anymore, you will still have the original in Evernote. I haven't heard of an app that lets you mark up the original note yet, but Skitch comes very close.

Skitch is on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skitch/id490505997?mt=8

Or if you want to try before you buy (its actually free, I believe), you can watch this quick tutorial for the Mac, but Skitch also has iPhone and iPad versions. The tutorial is demoing how you would mark up a picture from Evernote, but it works exactly the same with text notes as well (I've tried it).

Tutorial/Demo:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=cAny1qpCQqc

I hope that you find something that works for you : )

Penultimate syncs directly to Evernote.  It allows you to handwrite your notes and send them to Evernote, which seems to be what you want to do. In what way is that not "an easy integration".

I'm in the same boat. I want to insert handwritten notes / sketches INTO an existing Evernote document, not just save them as a separate image in Evernote. That's not the same thing at all.  

Yes, I know I can open the Penultimate image, then copy & paste it into evernote, but that's still really clunky and one way..

Given that inline handwriting is available for the Android app, it's a real shame that the iOS version is lagging so badly behind, especially given that Evernote have their own iOS stylus!

Still, this is the Mac forum, so slightly OT, but then I'd love to insert hand drawn sketches on my Mac via my Wacom tablet too!

Archived