Saving webpage from Android phone

Is there a process to save a web page (formatting included) to Evernote from an Android phone? I current use the Chrome browser. If I find a web page I want to save, if I share it to Evernote, I get a new note that contains the link to the web page. I would like to save the content (and formatting) of that web page as well. Any thoughts?

• Level 5*

There used to be a Firefox option to save a page to PDF which I could then share with Evernote,  but that seems to have disappeared with the latest upgrades.  You might check to see whether Chrome has any apps offering similar options.  Other than that the Android client seems only to send the URL rather than the full page.

• Evernote Expert

Is there a process to save a web page (formatting included) to Evernote from an Android phone? I current use the Chrome browser. If I find a web page I want to save, if I share it to Evernote, I get a new note that contains the link to the web page. I would like to save the content (and formatting) of that web page as well. Any thoughts?

I am not sure if you can do with Chrome, but you can do with dolphin browser.

I am not sure if you can do with Chrome, but you can do with dolphin browser.

What are the steps to accomplish this using Dolphin?

This may be the fastest "Never Mind" in the history of this forum.  

I was incorrect in my post below.  The updated version of Dolphin browser has full integration with Evernote (and other services).  Download Dolphin.  Within Dolphin, go to Settings>Accounts & Services and login to Evernote.  

Then you can take any site, hit Menu / More / Share Page and the rest will be obvious...

_________________My Mistake Below this Line__________________

You can download Dolphin's plugin from the Play Store.  (Install it after you install Dolphin.)  

However, I've had trouble with it, as it balks at a lot of pages, saying they're 'too large.'  Worse, it's easy to not notice this error until you look to see that it hasn't shown up in your inbox.  There are other third-party apps such as EverClip that can provide a workaround, but it's irritating that a more organic solution isn't available.  Argh!  

There used to be a Firefox option to save a page to PDF which I could then share with Evernote,  but that seems to have disappeared with the latest upgrades.  You might check to see whether Chrome has any apps offering similar options.  Other than that the Android client seems only to send the URL rather than the full page.

Gaz, the option is still there on Firefox 19.0.2 for Android, under the Tools menu.

• Level 5*

Gaz, the option is still there on Firefox 19.0.2 for Android, under the Tools menu.

Thanks!  So it is.  Must get these glasses checked again...  :blink:

• 1 year later...

Could Evernote not build a capability on their desktop apps (Windows/ Mac) that would allow the user to click a button to auto-expand URLs to pages sent from mobile? 

Or even better would be if they can do it from their cloud service -- based on user preference:

When user sends any content from mobile devices, then auto expand the URL into the full page contents

• Level 5*

This is an Android topic and I think you'll find that clips from Android are now processed - possibly online - to show a full page,  not just the link.  Soon after you clip you'll see the link and a "waiting processing" message - a little later and you get the page.

I understand this is an android topic; when i share to evernote from my chrome browser on my android device it still only shows up on my notes as a link.. so the problem is still there. 

I later have to log on to evernote from a browser from my desktop and manually replace the link with the actual web page if i need the web page content stored rather than just the URL. I was suggesting that if Evernote cannot work with Google Chrome (or for that matter Safari on iOS) to enable plug ins like on desktop browsers, they could at least look at automating what I do manually (see step in italics above). 

• Level 5*

How are you sharing?  Or more importantly what are you sharing 'to'?  If you're sending by email,  then you're right - an email can't carry enough information to show a full web page,  hence the standard URL.  If you send to Evernote (you may need to install the Evernote app to get this added) you should get a full page.

Edit:  sorry - that could be clearer.  If you send to your Evernote email address,  you get a URL.  If you share to Evernote directly (an Evernote icon shows up in my share options) then you get the page.

• Level 5*

This may be an Evernote for Android beta feature, but if I am on a web page, and click on "Share", then I can save a web page to Evernote, not just its link. This happens in the background, but the page eventually comes in to your note store.

Likely a beta feature; I dont have the same results with Chrome on Android. 

How are you sharing?  Or more importantly what are you sharing 'to'?  If you're sending by email,  then you're right - an email can't carry enough information to show a full web page,  hence the standard URL.  If you send to Evernote (you may need to install the Evernote app to get this added) you should get a full page.

Edit:  sorry - that could be clearer.  If you send to your Evernote email address,  you get a URL.  If you share to Evernote directly (an Evernote icon shows up in my share options) then you get the page.

Yes, I was sharing by clicking Share and choosing Evernote from the options. 

Hopefully this gets productized soon. Can anyone from Evernote comment on ETA for this feature?

Likely a beta feature; I dont have the same results with Chrome on Android. 

+1

When I absolutely want the content, I share  the page with Pocket then share with Evernote... not very convenient.

• Level 5*

Hopefully this gets productized soon. Can anyone from Evernote comment on ETA for this feature?

Evernote staff do not usually comment on ETA, but betas tend to get turned into releases pretty quickly around here...

Archived