can i copy & paste my note on web evernote?

i'm using a web evernote on my work PC, and i just start sharing a notebook with my friends, and i want to copy some of the interesting notes to the new notebook while keep a copy in the old personal notebook, i cannot do that on the web evernote (chrome). i've search and come to know that we can do this on the PC or Mac, but can we have this on the web evernote, too?

• Level 5*

I don't necessarily see why you'd want to duplicate notes in your own database - a general search will find the content whichever notebook it's in - but I agree it's strange that the option is in the desktop version but not the web client.  You can send a note by email,  so presumably if you sent the note to your own Evernote email address it would turn up as a copy (not tested) - but that would take a while. 

• Level 5*

Actually, a common use case is to make template notes for things like forms that you can copy and use over and over again, hence the Copy Note functionality in Windows & Mac (and possibly other clients).

I don't necessarily see why you'd want to duplicate notes in your own database - a general search will find the content whichever notebook it's in - but I agree it's strange that the option is in the desktop version but not the web client.  You can send a note by email,  so presumably if you sent the note to your own Evernote email address it would turn up as a copy (not tested) - but that would take a while. 

Thanks gazumped, sending email might be a possible way but i just want to keep the "created date" for the note. Indeed it is not that necessary to duplicate one note in two place, so i choose to move it instead. Thanks again.

Actually, a common use case is to make template notes for things like forms that you can copy and use over and over again, hence the Copy Note functionality in Windows & Mac (and possibly other clients).

Thanks jefifto, what borther me is that this useful function is not aviable on the web client. I do not prefer install a client on my work PC, so i choose to use the web client a lot, but it's lack of founction makes me a little upset.

• Level 5*

Thanks jefifto, what borther me is that this useful function is not aviable on the web client. I do not prefer install a client on my work PC, so i choose to use the web client a lot, but it's lack of founction makes me a little upset.

Sure, I understand. We'd like there to be parity of functionality across all Evernote clients, and that's an Evernote goal, I think (at least as much as possible), but because some of the clients are older and more established, they just plain have more features, and the newer clients are trying to catch up.
  • 10 months later...

I just started using Evernote Web because I bought a Chromebook for when I am sitting on the couch and don't want to use a bulk laptop. This suggest was actually really fast (faster than using the desktop version and copying a note to another folder). I use templates pretty often and need this functionality from time to time. Hopefully, EN will get this feature on the web, but until then thanks for the suggestion.

• 5 months later...

I am using as well a Chromebook and need to duplicate notes in order to do daily minutes, and not forget several details of each meeting. Will try this option since I have found that the android and desktop version do have the duplicate option, but not the web version. Wish EN will get the option fast in the web client. Thanks.

Archived