Premium subscription (Google Play store) not working. Disappointed

Hi, I have purchased a 1-year subscription through google play store on my android device but few hours later it still shows me as a free member. Have send a ticket (Ticket #16051-271054) with log as well as a screenshot of the google play store receipt but still no response. Very disappointed!!

I have now totally lost faith in you and I want to request a refund. Have already sent another email to the support system citing my ticket number. Your support response time is also very slow and if this is not resolved at the earliest possible I will have no choice but to stay away from Evernote all together and also advise other people I know to do so.

Sorry for the delay--coupled with the ticket request time and our higher than normal volumes, it took us a second to get to the ticket.  You should be fully upgraded to Premium for the time you purchased--I've also replied with this info in your ticket.

I have cancelled my subscription within google playstore and have sent a request for a refund of the current subscription with my ticket, you ignored my request? Totally unacceptable and you can be sure I will never use any of your products again.

Did you send a request via the customer support ticket or google play (I admit ignorance of how the google play store works, so apologies). The person handling your customer support ticket should be able to handle that request

I can only cancel future subscription through google play store and the play store subscription policy is that, with subscription refunds can only be processed by the vendor of the particular service. So, I submitted my refund request via the same customer ticket to Evernote since after a good 15 hours of purchase Evernote still haven't deliver the product. This has really left a sour taste. And sneakily customer service ignored my refund request and activate my membership another few hours later. This is simply unacceptable.

Yearly membership is really peanuts money-wise but as a principle I want my money back! And I'll for sure not touch any of the company's products ever again.

I'm sorry you feel that a bug in the system was "sneaky."

As Geoff said earlier in this thread, our support works US Pacific hours.

You were handled *very* quickly, your order was delivered as a result.

You will need to file a new support request to request a refund, and we will be happy to give it and remove your Premium status. I believe Google even says that you need to contact us to request the refund, as we need to remove your Premium status to do so - since they don't have the power to do that or verify it's been taken away when the money has been returned. Otherwise, that wouldn't be very honorable on the customer's part, right? And Google doesn't like that kind of thing.

If we missed that there was a refund request in your initial ticket, I do apologize. I saw that you were asking for your premium status to be instated and so did the technician handling it.

• Evernote Expert

I can only cancel future subscription through google play store and the play store subscription policy is that, with subscription refunds can only be processed by the vendor of the particular service. So, I submitted my refund request via the same customer ticket to Evernote since after a good 15 hours of purchase Evernote still haven't deliver the product. This has really left a sour taste. And sneakily customer service ignored my refund request and activate my membership another few hours later. This is simply unacceptable.

Yearly membership is really peanuts money-wise but as a principle I want my money back! And I'll for sure not touch any of the company's products ever again.

People need to understand that there can be times where there can be delays for reasons beyond human control. To request a refund just because your account didn't get activated within few hours, when half the world on the other side is asleep reflects on one's own impatience, for which EN can't be responsible.

15 hours+ to deliver a product (your website stated 4 hours or so) is not what I would consider to be quick or reasonable.

I understand Google cannot refund the subscription, which is why on my second email correspondence to you, using the same ticket number, requested a refund. You ignored it and some 15 hours later gave me the premium subscription. I subsequently replied to that email asking why my request of a refund was not honoured but have received no response. I have also tried flagging up the issue over live chat but to no avail.

Now, do I have to summit a new ticket? 

Panzerkampfwagen: That is your opinion. Clearly the 'bug in the system' Heather stated is my fault. Perhaps EN is not for me then. EN, please delete my EN account all together.

• 8 months later...

Hi, I have purchased a 1-year subscription through google play store on my android device too but nothing has happened.

I bought a subscription 2013-11-16. I still have a free account.

I reported the problem 2013-11-19 (Ticket # 242030) and again 2013-11-21 (Ticket # 245190)

Unfortunately I have not received any response. Customer support does not work. I am very disappointed.

What can I do to get a premium account for which I paid?

If it is not possible to change my account to premium version how can I get back my payment?

• Level 5*

Hi, I have purchased a 1-year subscription through google play store on my android device too but nothing has happened.

I reported the problem 2013-11-19 (Ticket # 242030) and again 2013-11-21 (Ticket # 245190)

Unfortunately I have not received any response. Customer support does not work. I am very disappointed.

If it is not possible to change my account to premium version how can I get back my payment?

I flagged your post for attention - you should get a reponse quickly now...

Sorry for the delay here, and thank you for submitting your receipt as well--while we try to filter the free queue for any payment issues, sometimes things slip past.  Your account has now been upgraded to Premium, and apologies again for the delay.

• 8 months later...

Hi,

same here. I bought my premium some days ago, but nothing has happened. It is subscribing in google play, but all my apps keep nagging me about buying premium. My android app even constantly reminds me that "purchase failed". When I click it, Evernote tells me youre "processing my premium upgrade".

Could you please look into this?

Hi,

same here. I bought my premium some days ago, but nothing has happened. It is subscribing in google play, but all my apps keep nagging me about buying premium. My android app even constantly reminds me that "purchase failed". When I click it, Evernote tells me youre "processing my premium upgrade".

Could you please look into this?

If you've contact support, make sure you've provided proof of purchase with your support ticket. 

Post your ticket # here and we can flag it for Evernote staff. 

Ah, bummer, as they replied I thought it would be quick to ask here as similar problems were already raised. Thanks. Ive raised the issue on their contact links and given the ticket #664967.

Of course I want an upgrade :) some billing troubles should change much in 5-6 days.

Nemis, I've flagged your post for staff attention, so hopefully this gets taken care of for you. Just make sure you've submitted proof of your purchase (you can just include it in an email reply to your ticket# email), otherwise the response you'll get from Support is a request for proof of purchase. Including it now speeds the process up. 

• Ex Employees

Ah, bummer, as they replied I thought it would be quick to ask here as similar problems were already raised. Thanks. Ive raised the issue on their contact links and given the ticket #664967.

Of course I want an upgrade :) some billing troubles should change much in 5-6 days.

You should be contacted shortly by a commerce team member!

• 6 months later...

Hi,

the same thing has happened to me. Yesterday, I have paid for month subscription via Google Play but nothing has changed!!! Even though I have created Ticket# 965102 12 hours ago (10 pm in your Pacific TZ) . There must be something wrong with your doing:

- either do not offer subscription in Android app (via Google Play) if you cannot give premium account in some automatic way,

- or if you are willingful to ignore users not paying directly to evernote.com, SPECIFY how much time it takes to process this payment. At least write down, it is not done in the moment (!). I was not aware of difference between paying to Evernote and Google Play - and subsequent time delay until I found this discussion.

Moreover, if there is higher-level support for premium users, why there is not anything similar to users WHO actually wants to become premium? I am very annoyed  :angry:

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're a user forum,  so no information here about processing times or your specific payment;  but I have flagged your post for one of the Evernote admins to look at and hopefully you should get some reaction soon.  CS are only available during PST working hours,  so presumably they'll only have received your ticket earlier today.  Please be patient for a little while longer...

• Ex Employees

Hi,

the same thing has happened to me. Yesterday, I have paid for month subscription via Google Play but nothing has changed!!! Even though I have created Ticket# 965102 12 hours ago (10 pm in your Pacific TZ) . There must be something wrong with your doing:

- either do not offer subscription in Android app (via Google Play) if you cannot give premium account in some automatic way,

- or if you are willingful to ignore users not paying directly to evernote.com, SPECIFY how much time it takes to process this payment. At least write down, it is not done in the moment (!). I was not aware of difference between paying to Evernote and Google Play - and subsequent time delay until I found this discussion.

Moreover, if there is higher-level support for premium users, why there is not anything similar to users WHO actually wants to become premium? I am very annoyed  :angry:

Sorry you are having payment issues. 

I escalated your ticket in the queue. You should be contacted by our commerce team shortly.

• 1 year later...

Archived