• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
NimhOfJoy

mac Change Font?

30 posts in this topic

I have NO PROBLEM with the limited font selection. 

There's two options: "ghosted" and "normal". 

image.png

You're not really supposed to use Skitch as a graphics program, as much as you're to use it to snag an image, annotate it and share it. 

You're wanting more fonts, and I'm praising the Skitch Design Team for NOT adding them.

Skitch isn't PAINTBRUSH.

I have NO PROBLEM with the limited font selection. 

There's two options: "ghosted" and "normal". 

image.png

You're not really supposed to use Skitch as a graphics program, as much as you're to use it to snag an image, annotate it and share it. 

You're wanting more fonts, and I'm praising the Skitch Design Team for NOT adding them.

Skitch isn't PAINTBRUSH.

Thanks, Alan, that was helpful.  

But I still agree with most here, that the lack of formatting is a significant shortcoming.  Each person has a different use case: in mine, in this instance I'd merely wanted to change a couple of letters of text, but naturally with text similar to the original.  In Skitch I couldn't do that; in Pixelmatr, for exmple, I could. And in "Old Skitch" i could have, too.  That's among the features that earned it a place in my dock.  It's odd that a function that was acknowledged as important and a priority for adding in 2013 still isn't there.

@Joe - Those are two good requests and all I can say is... soon.  :)

On a side-note the reason for the stroked border around the text is to increase the readability regardless of background. We've done a lot of R&D on how to make the text as readable as possible on as many backgrounds as possible. You'd be surprised how hard it is to make text stand out on any background. 

It's actually trivially easy to make text stand out on any background -- let me, as the user, change the font/size/color in order to make it readable.

In any case, though, this is clearly moot. 2.5 years later, Skitch 2.0 is still a joke. In fact, if there's still anyone at Evernote who reads the forums, please note that the job you did on ruining Skitch is one of the major reasons that I no longer use Evernote.

After waiting for a couple of years to "upgrade" to new version of Skitch- I tried it today to find that changing the font is STILL not possible? Downgraded again with disbelief to the better version.

has this happened to anyone? My default font/type style just changed and I can't get it to go back?? It's driving me insane

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 5.30.19 PM.png

1 person likes this