Feature Request: Quick Entry

ThatGuyJeff

Like many Evernote users, I use it constantly to store quick notes, but entering them is anything but "quick". Entering new notes requires either opening the program and clicking new note or clicking on the tray icon and choosing new note. What I want is a little helper application for the desktop. When you launch this application, presumbly from the Windows taskbar, a window pops up with a text area. It won't ask for notebook (that will be set once in configuration), and the entry will be plain text. Basically it's like a "sticky notes" kind of application.

That's good to know, but it's not really the solution I'm looking for. I don't want another keyboard shortcut to remember. There are several mobile apps that do this kind of thing, like FastEver, but nothing on the desktop (at least for Windows).

• Level 5*

That's good to know, but it's not really the solution I'm looking for. I don't want another keyboard shortcut to remember. There are several mobile apps that do this kind of thing, like FastEver, but nothing on the desktop (at least for Windows).

How do you propose launching this new note window without using a keyboard shortcut? A Windows shortcut? Try making a shortcut to the Evernote.exe executable using the /NewNote command-line parameter...

@jefito

I've found a better solution... Apparently the system tray icon can be set to create a new note when you click on it. So I set it the icon to always be displayed in the system tray. When I click on it and the new note window pops up. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

• Level 5*

I've found a better solution... Apparently the system tray icon can be set to create a new note when you click on it. So I set it the icon to always be displayed in the system tray. When I click on it and the new note window pops up. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

There you go, I'd forgotten about that option. Glad you found a solution.

Archived