Kurt.Angle

windows Enhancement request: Add ability to delete note history

Idea

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/30886-encryption-and-note-history/

The first question that I wanted to ask was "how to ensure the history does not contain the plaintext of the item that I encrypt at a later stage".  Seems like the solution was to delete the note and create a new one.  Fair enough, since there is no fool-proof algorithm for Evernote to know which part of the old note that Evernote should encrypt.  Therefore:

Enhancement request:  Add ability to clear history of notes (a one "clear all" button would suffice).

Why?  Re-creating the note is a pain :(.  I need to set the "Created date" again (I want to recall later when the note was created), and it is very hard (or almost impossible) to put back in the geo-location data.

This should be simple to implement right?

Thanks in advance.

5 replies to this idea

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/30886-encryption-and-note-history/

The first question that I wanted to ask was "how to ensure the history does not contain the plaintext of the item that I encrypt at a later stage".  Seems like the solution was to delete the note and create a new one.  Fair enough, since there is no fool-proof algorithm for Evernote to know which part of the old note that Evernote should encrypt.  Therefore:

Enhancement request:  Add ability to clear history of notes (a one "clear all" button would suffice).

Why?  Re-creating the note is a pain :(.  I need to set the "Created date" again (I want to recall later when the note was created), and it is very hard (or almost impossible) to put back in the geo-location data.

This should be simple to implement right?

Thanks in advance.

You do NOT need to delete the note, in order to remove the note history.  You can move it to a local/non-sync'ed notebook, sync, then move back to a sync'd notebook & sync again.  This causes a new globally unique identifier (GUID) to be created for the note & therefore no ties to the prior note history.