(Archived) Highlighting search terms in pdf files

penwriter

I am on a premium account, therefore the OCR and search functions work with pdf files. However, I am a bit confused about highlighting the items that match search terms in pdf documents. Here is an example: I have a scanned document, containing the words "aluminium" and "citric acid". If I do a search, the note containing this pdf shows up all right, although "citric acid" is nowhere in the title, tags or text of the note, just in the pdf. Fine, that is as it should be. However, EN does not highlight the words "aluminium" and "citric acid" in the pdf, which means that I have to use other means to locate the appearance of these words. The pdf was not OCRed or indexed before uploading to EN, which shows that the recognition as such is working well, EN just does not show me the exact location of the match. If I scan business cards and save them as jpg, it DOES highlight search matches.

Is this normal intended behaviour, or am I doing something wrong?

Oh yes, I am using the Windows client by the way (Windows 7).

Any ideas?

I am on a premium account, therefore the OCR and search functions work with pdf files. However, I am a bit confused about highlighting the items that match search terms in pdf documents. Here is an example: I have a scanned document, containing the words "aluminium" and "citric acid". If I do a search, the note containing this pdf shows up all right, although "citric acid" is nowhere in the title, tags or text of the note, just in the pdf. Fine, that is as it should be. However, EN does not highlight the words "aluminium" and "citric acid" in the pdf, which means that I have to use other means to locate the appearance of these words. The pdf was not OCRed or indexed before uploading to EN, which shows that the recognition as such is working well, EN just does not show me the exact location of the match. If I scan business cards and save them as jpg, it DOES highlight search matches.

Is this normal intended behaviour, or am I doing something wrong?

Oh yes, I am using the Windows client by the way (Windows 7).

Any ideas?

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/4706-highlight-search-results-within-pdf-documents/

Archived