Merging Notes

I'm guessing this has been brought up before but can't seem to find an answer as I search the forums -- how can I get Evernote to merge my notes in the ORDER I WANT THEM  (vs. the haphazard order the seem to end up stuck in)?

Any insight is GREATLY appreciated.  Only been an EN user for maybe a month (maybe not quite) -- and I am addicted!

• Level 5*

Depends on the Evernote client. The Windows client orders them in the order that they're picked, I believe. The Mac client doesn't, as far as I know.

• 10 months later...

Hi, you can put a letter from the alphabet in each cards tag box.  Then if you click on the tag column heading it will sort your notes alphabetically.  click on it again and it will reverse the order.

I hope this helps and you're not asking anything more technical!

Hi, you can put a letter from the alphabet in each cards tag box.  Then if you click on the tag column heading it will sort your notes alphabetically.  click on it again and it will reverse the order.

I hope this helps and you're not asking anything more technical!

What does this have to do with merging notes?

I'm guessing this has been brought up before but can't seem to find an answer as I search the forums -- how can I get Evernote to merge my notes in the ORDER I WANT THEM  (vs. the haphazard order the seem to end up stuck in)?

Any insight is GREATLY appreciated.  Only been an EN user for maybe a month (maybe not quite) -- and I am addicted!

It's helpful to either post in the appropriate section or at least mention what client(s) you're using. On Windows desktop:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51996-combining-notes/

Yes - I'm talking about MERGING notes.  Then the other day I did the camera roll where I could take a handful of photos all as one note - I photographed each page (21) of a children's book my daughter just wrote.  The note came to me with all the photos out of order (even though I took them sequentially into the one note) AND even though I never changed the angle of the camera - some are sideways, some are upside-down....frustrating....

I would love to take individual photo of the book pages and merge them to one note - but it's not working - won't get in order....

There's GOT to be a way to merge in the order you want... what is it????

Yes - I'm talking about MERGING notes. Then the other day I did the camera roll where I could take a handful of photos all as one note - I photographed each page (21) of a children's book my daughter just wrote. The note came to me with all the photos out of order (even though I took them sequentially into the one note) AND even though I never changed the angle of the camera - some are sideways, some are upside-down....frustrating....

I would love to take individual photo of the book pages and merge them to one note - but it's not working - won't get in order....

There's GOT to be a way to merge in the order you want... what is it????

For the third time...what client are you using? My suggestion when using a mobile client and the Windows desktop would be to take individual photos, transfer them to your EN account one of a variety of ways & then use the Windows client to merge them per the link I posted above. Whether they go against your upload limit twice depends upon how you get them initially into your EN account.

IMO, a better option for something like this is to simply use a scanner & scan to PDF.

• 4 months later...

I also found this to be quite confusing but I figured out how to get the notes in order if I plan ahead.  The FIRST note entered will be the LAST in a merged note.  If I know which one I want to be FIRST, that's the last one that gets entered.  Works every time but I do wish there was a way of ordering notes however one wants, whenever one wants to do it.

• Level 5*

I also found this to be quite confusing but I figured out how to get the notes in order if I plan ahead.  The FIRST note entered will be the LAST in a merged note.  If I know which one I want to be FIRST, that's the last one that gets entered.  Works every time but I do wish there was a way of ordering notes however one wants, whenever one wants to do it.

Again, this varies based on the Evernote client that you're using. With the Windows client, the notes are in order of picking when using Ctrl+Click, i.e., first note picked is the first in the merged note, 2nd note picked is the 2nd in the merged note, and so on. The Mac apparently varies, as far as I know.
  • Level 5

As best I can tell, the Mac client does it by date updated. I've been able to manipulate the order by adding non-destructive edits (a space at the very end of a note). 

No, the Mac client orders them based on your current sort order.

Archived