brentpeters

windows (Archived) Search for a notebook

In iOS, the ability to search for a notebook is great. I would like to see the same function in the Windows client.

If the devs are opposed to adding a second search box, then why not create a sort of omnibox search? e.g.

- I hit F6 to search all notes

- I type the name of the notebook I want to see

- Notes that match the keywords I entered will appear, but notebooks with titles that match those keywords appear first. Double-click one of those results to open that notebook.

That would be a good way of combining my idea into the existing UI.

Either way, I think the ability to search through all notebooks to find a specific one would be useful. I have too many notebooks, and sometimes I'd rather just type in the NB I want, rather than manually scrolling down to find it.

cheers!

In iOS, the ability to search for a notebook is great. I would like to see the same function in the Windows client.

If the devs are opposed to adding a second search box, then why not create a sort of omnibox search? e.g.

- I hit F6 to search all notes

- I type the name of the notebook I want to see

- Notes that match the keywords I entered will appear, but notebooks with titles that match those keywords appear first. Double-click one of those results to open that notebook.

That would be a good way of combining my idea into the existing UI.

Either way, I think the ability to search through all notebooks to find a specific one would be useful. I have too many notebooks, and sometimes I'd rather just type in the NB I want, rather than manually scrolling down to find it.

cheers!

IDK how the Mac client functions, but you can limit search results to a single notebook using the 'notebook' search word:

http://droppingsteps.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/evernote-using-extended-search-syntax/

On Windows, if you have the Favourites bar displayed (View|Favorites bar), then you'll see a toolbar button called "Notebooks".  Click that and you can type the notebook name to search for it and go straight to it.  Same for Tags.

Damian

• Like 1