(Archived) Web Clipper Not Supported on Android Phone

neil154

I have a Galaxy S3 and I also have a Win 7 64 bit PC, both with Evernote.  I almost always create a note on the PC and then it syncs with my phone with no problem.  Some of the notes were made by using the Evernote add on in Outlook 2003 & 2007 (recently upgraded).  When I open up many of the notes on my S3 and try to edit it is says " This note contains some unsupported formatting".  The notes are simple text and do not contain webclips so I am confused why I get the message and would like to know how to correct it and not get the problem in the future.

• Level 5*

The Android client is not able to edit all formatting that the desktop clients support, unfortunately. This is slowly improving, but I can understand that it's not ideal at this time.

Okay but what I don't understand how I got this problem.  The notes are all simple text notes without webclips (which I do not know even what that is).  So why do I have the issue at all.

Anyone have any thoughts on this.  Also, I create a new note in Evernote and then do a copy of the subject and then a copy of the body the "new" note is fine and does not give me the message about webclip and can be edited normally on my S3

I have a Galaxy S3 and I also have a Win 7 64 bit PC, both with Evernote.  I almost always create a note on the PC and then it syncs with my phone with no problem.  Some of the notes were made by using the Evernote add on in Outlook 2003 & 2007 (recently upgraded).  When I open up many of the notes on my S3 and try to edit it is says " This note contains some unsupported formatting".  The notes are simple text and do not contain webclips so I am confused why I get the message and would like to know how to correct it and not get the problem in the future.

The Android client is not able to edit all formatting that the desktop clients support, unfortunately. This is slowly improving, but I can understand that it's not ideal at this time.

Okay but what I don't understand how I got this problem.  The notes are all simple text notes without webclips (which I do not know even what that is).  So why do I have the issue at all.

Anyone have any thoughts on this.  Also, I create a new note in Evernote and then do a copy of the subject and then a copy of the body the "new" note is fine and does not give me the message about webclip and can be edited normally on my S3

From the convo above, it seems to me that when you are using the Outlook plugin, some of these notes are indeed using some formatting that is not just plain text.  It may look like plain text to you.  But just as a very simple web page may look like plain text, there is some underlying formatting code.  As you posted, when  you simply create a new text note by typing text (and not getting it from some other source like Outlook or a web clip), then it's fine. 

BTW, web clips are clips you can take from web pages.

Archived