(Archived) where to change password on Android app?

stanwelks

(if you don't want to update your Android Evernote (for whatever reason), and have already changed your password on the web, and do not want to logout of the Android client (and thus have to re-download everything, and lose any changes you've made locally to your notes since the last successful sync), then do this:)

1) click the "Sync" icon at the bottom of the Android Evernote desktop.  it will give an "Authentication Error" message. 

2) pull down the Notification Bar on top of Android screen and scroll to the bottom, passed the "Ongoing" notifications), and tap "Authentication failed"

that will produce a dialog where you can enter a new password!

Turvalar

Note of the options above are working for me.

I have reset the password on my pc and can access evernote.

I have both an android phone and tablet and I cannot access either.

The phone wants me to reset the password again.

The tablet is telling me I have an incorrect password.

I have tried rebooting both but it doesn't make a difference.

I am getting frustrated now.  What's the answer to this.

Surely there's a simple way to resolve it.

I had this problem - sync just did nothing; there was no notification - and (reasonably, I think) I tried to sign out and in again and now seem to have lost the notes I created since the last sync. Is that possible? Could they have survived anywhere? Evernote is supposed to remember everything...

Evernote, you really failed on this one.  Force us to change our password, and then not provide a way to change it in the Android App except by logging out and losing any un-synced changes.  I received no notification that the signin failed, on Android.  Restarting the app did nothing. I could only log out to enter a new password.  I lost data too.

I am having the same issue. Evernote forced me to change my pw, and now I cannot connect with my Android device.

There is no notification about failed sign in. I tried rebooting my phone.

The only notice is on the main screen it says "Last Sync Failed"

I don't want to sign out and loose what I've clipped since last sync.

• Level 5*

If you have small numbers of unsynced notes, and you can start up Evernote, you should be able to email your notes to your Evernote email, where they will be stored in your note database.

If you have large numbers of unsynched notes, that's going to be a pain. You can go in the back door to get the note content (they're in the file system), but you'd really need to know what you're doing. I'd open a support request.

I updated my android app to the latest version, then when I opened the app it asked me to sign in.

This solved the problem for me, hope it helps someone else.

I am having the same issue. Evernote forced me to change my pw, and now I cannot connect with my Android device.

There is no notification about failed sign in. I tried rebooting my phone.

The only notice is on the main screen it says "Last Sync Failed"

I don't want to sign out and loose what I've clipped since last sync.

Couldn't sync here either. I manually updated notes on my laptop after a forced password change.  I then Signed out of Evernote on my Galaxy 3 / Android phone and lost all unsynced / cached data. After restarting the phone app I signed in with the new password. Syncing with the laptop then brought me up to speed.

I agree, there should be a mechanism in place to change the password on the phone/mobile device without wiping out the cached data.

• Level 5*

I agree, there should be a mechanism in place to change the password on the phone/mobile device without wiping out the cached data.

I think that that's a pretty fair request. I hope that you were able to save your uncached notes via the email workaround.

I think that that's a pretty fair request. I hope that you were able to save your uncached notes via the email workaround.

Actually I did try your suggestion and it failed. IIRC, Evernote stated the note did not exist.

Luckily I had few updates during the failed sync timeframe. I manually entered the data onto my laptop as I scrolled through the notes on my phone. .

(if you don't want to update your Android Evernote (for whatever reason), and have already changed your password on the web, and do not want to logout of the Android client (and thus have to re-download everything, and lose any changes you've made locally to your notes since the last successful sync), then do this:)

1) click the "Sync" icon at the bottom of the Android Evernote desktop.  it will give an "Authentication Error" message. 

2) pull down the Notification Bar on top of Android screen and scroll to the bottom, passed the "Ongoing" notifications), and tap "Authentication failed"

that will produce a dialog where you can enter a new password!

Turvalar

This works.

Excellent response.

Evernote developly should have explained this/some solution in their initial email too!

Archived