(Archived) Support ticket: 100 year company, or is that the response time?

eldruid

Idea

Just wondering if anyone else has an issue with support times? I'm a premium member, used Evernote since July 2008. Have had a support ticket outstanding for a month. Unable to access any notes since January from my Mac ( only have web access for a couple of hours a day so web version doesn't solve the issue). Evernote have provided a number of possible solutions, none successful, have given no real explanation of the issues.

Now the iPad version crashes, so have to reinstall and resync 1gb of data on that using up most of my data allowance for month. The trouble with outsourcing all this to a cloud provider is that reliability is essential.

16 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Grumpymonkey. This is where catch 22 caught me. Had to sync the 1.4g to iPad as used my mac to keep a large section offline. Now the Mac doesn't version doesn't work I cannot access any notes from that machine for last 30 days. So had to gradually sync notes to use offline iPad. Now ipad has crashed with new update. However, thanks for the input, appreciate it. Ill just wait for Evernote to get around to resolving the issue.

I will go away now and stop clogging the forum. :)

You are not clogging it at all! You are bringing up a use case and a support issue that needs to be examined. Thanks for doing it! Hopefully, we can get everything worked out so that you can get back to enjoying the app!

Ticket now outstanding for 34 days. 34 days since I have last been able to sync my main computer, and after following support instructions now have less than a third of the notes accessible on the Mac.

Absolutely outstanding products, great functionality. Just wish I could access it from the machine that manages the workflow.

Danielle,

You may well be right. Evernote was a perfect solution, but if you put all your eggs in the Evernote basket, reliability is paramount.

However, still trying to find ways to escalate this until someone from Evernote takes the issue seriously.

I'm in a very similar position to you Eldruid, broken OSX and iOS versions and a paying customer here too. Fortunately I am able to access the web version and also have a Windows desktop at home.

My ticket was closed while I was awaiting a solution, at least yours is still open :)

I won't be renewing my premium membership. Even though I found Evernote to be an incredibly useful tool, the fact that I relied on it to the point where I would be in a very sticky position if I didn't have access to my Windows machine made me realise that I was putting too many eggs in one basket (and a basket with very poor quality control at that).

I've gone back to using DropBox and just copying files between clients; it's not as elegant as Evernote, but at least I won't lose access to my data if they release multiple buggy versions at the same time.

Heather: thanks for your comment. but responding to a ticket is fundamentally different to resolving the issue, or answering the questions that i asked. a number of the responses were effectively. we have your ticket, now we will go away and think about it. this may be a response, but it doesnt progress the issue at all.

The latest response after 1 month to say that it has been escalated and they have now reported it as a bug is equally unhelpful. There is no indication of timescale, no indication that they will update me, the fact that it was addressed to "Dear Valued Customer" suggests that a sense of irony is alive and well in the hearts of the Evernote ninjas. I used my name on every email to support, the fact that it was never used in reply, and that specific questions were not answered leads me to think that the element of automation in the responses is maybe a little to high.

The fact remains that I haven't had access to Evernote on my Mac since January. There is no indication when or if it will ever be resolved. The only reason I came to the forum is that I am extremely frustrated by my inability to extract a response to any of my questions that I addressed in my various emails to support.

Your response is unhelpful, whilst technically correct, it is fundamentally obscuring the issue. Stating that responses have been made in a timely fashion avoids the truth. The ticket was raised on 31/1/2013. The issues have not been solved. There has been no forward progression in the last 30 days.

• Level 5*

| View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows |

This is completely unrelated, but I was just reading in here and decided to click these links, but neither work :( I get a 404.

Works for me too. But, Heather needs to update those links. Please see the links in my signature, as hers are about two years outdated! It's the battle of the signatures, and I think mine trumps hers :)

I show that that ticket has been responded to in a timely manner by our support team since it has been opened and has resulted in a bug that is now on file with our engineers.

Can you let me know a different ticket number that you have that did not receive any responses?

Grumpymonkey. This is where catch 22 caught me. Had to sync the 1.4g to iPad as used my mac to keep a large section offline. Now the Mac doesn't version doesn't work I cannot access any notes from that machine for last 30 days. So had to gradually sync notes to use offline iPad. Now ipad has crashed with new update. However, thanks for the input, appreciate it. Ill just wait for Evernote to get around to resolving the issue.

I will go away now and stop clogging the forum. :)

• Level 5*

Grumpymonkey: I have access to the cloud permanently via 3G. Perfectly adequate for most purposes, but inadequate when I need to try and download 1.4 gb of data 8 times in the last 8 days because Evernote is not providing a good level of support.

If Evernote requires permanent access to wifi to make it a viable for users then that should be made clear.

To clarify my position. My first issue is that 30 days to resolve a support ticket is not good, and does not reflect the service that paying (premium) customers are entitled to expect. Second issue is that the latest ipad release contains a significant bug, and that the combination of the two leaves me without Evernote. The Third issue is that whilst support have provided a couple of solutions, they have not responded to any of my specific queries. My initially post was merely an enquiry to see whether my experience is typical, or whether, in general, Evernote support is good.

In answer to your main question, I have found customer service to be quite prompt, and this sounds like it is atypical. I will report this, and bring it to the attention of the staff.

(1) Wifi access is not necessary, only a connection to the cloud, so 3G would be fine as well. As you don't have 3G with your Mac, or wifi, it seems like this is going to be an issue. 

(2) Evernote does not download 1.8 GB of data to your phone unless you direct it to save everything for offline use (a premium feature).

(3) The latest iPad release has been a problem, but one that is easily rectified by deleting the app and re-installing it. In addition, I recommend that you do not use the Title sort, because it will cause the app to crash. Hopefully, a fix will be available soon.

Grumpymonkey: I have access to the cloud permanently via 3G. Perfectly adequate for most purposes, but inadequate when I need to try and download 1.4 gb of data 8 times in the last 8 days because Evernote is not providing a good level of support.

If Evernote requires permanent access to wifi to make it a viable for users then that should be made clear.

To clarify my position. My first issue is that 30 days to resolve a support ticket is not good, and does not reflect the service that paying (premium) customers are entitled to expect. Second issue is that the latest ipad release contains a significant bug, and that the combination of the two leaves me without Evernote. The Third issue is that whilst support have provided a couple of solutions, they have not responded to any of my specific queries. My initially post was merely an enquiry to see whether my experience is typical, or whether, in general, Evernote support is good.

• Level 5*

Mrossk: as I mentioned in post don't have access to wifi on Mac other than for an hour a day. This is not long enough to resync notes and Evernote support solution involved complete resync. 3G resync is unworkable.

Burgersnfries: ticket 16051-229869 dated 31/1 although as you are not Evernote not sure how that helps conversation to be honest. The suggested solutions involved moving data from libraries/ etc ....... Evernote. Then Deleting app rebooting, reinstalling app, resync. On a couple of occasions suggested that I reinstall an older version.

Hi. Sorry to hear about the problems. The support ticket number enables the employees who read these threads to look into your case, and hopefully get you an answer to your problem. I would suggest this as a general solution to any Mac problem (http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/16062-uninstalling-everrnote-for-mac-os-x/#entry173494). In general, though, as Evernote is a cloud service, and it sounds like you do not have regular access to the cloud (only an hour a day), it may not be the best solution for you right now. The service (in my experience) is quite reliable, but it is predicated on regular access to the cloud, and works best that way. 

Mrossk: as I mentioned in post don't have access to wifi on Mac other than for an hour a day. This is not long enough to resync notes and Evernote support solution involved complete resync. 3G resync is unworkable.

Burgersnfries: ticket 16051-229869 dated 31/1 although as you are not Evernote not sure how that helps conversation to be honest. The suggested solutions involved moving data from libraries/ etc ....... Evernote. Then Deleting app rebooting, reinstalling app, resync. On a couple of occasions suggested that I reinstall an older version.

Guest mrossk

Now the iPad version crashes, so have to reinstall and resync 1gb of data on that using up most of my data allowance for month. The trouble with outsourcing all this to a cloud provider is that reliability is essential.

Downloading notes from Evernote to your iPad does not count against your monthly quota of Evernote. Only uploading counts against your monthly quota of Evernote. Maybe you mean the monthly quote of your gsm-provider. In this case you should use wifi (wlan) for a complete re-download of all notes.

Just wondering if anyone else has an issue with support times? I'm a premium member, used Evernote since July 2008. Have had a support ticket outstanding for a month. Unable to access any notes since January from my Mac ( only have web access for a couple of hours a day so web version doesn't solve the issue). Evernote have provided a number of possible solutions, none successful, have given no real explanation of the issues.

Please post your ticket number. What is the exact problem ("unable to access any notes" is pretty vague) & suggested solutions?

Archived