How do I create an "Import Folder" in Evernote for Windows

JTN

Hi, I am wanting to set up an "Import Folder" for scanned files to go into Evernote. All the articles have suggested that I can add one by going to the "tools menu", and clicking on "Create" and "New Import Folder". My biggest challenge is that my "Tools Menu" does not have that option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forums. If you click on tools don't you see these options:

Sync

Options

Clipping Preferences

Account Info

Import Folders.. <<<>>>   Just click on this and a new box opens. Now add the directory where you want the uploads to take place. Mind looks like this    C:\Evernote Upload      

When completed, if you add a file to this directory it will be uploaded to your listed notebook in Evernote.

Regards,

David in Wichita

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

I can't even find a Tools button to click on. I have an arrow which allows me to get to "settings, help, chat with evernote..." , but I can't find this Tools button.

Where do I find it?

I am veiwing notes.

Am I even in right spot?

I can't even find a Tools button to click on. I have an arrow which allows me to get to "settings, help, chat with evernote..." , but I can't find this Tools button.

Sounds like you are using the web version of Evernote.

The import folder function is part of the Windows Client - i.e. the Application that you install instead of using your browser.

• 7 months later...

I am still struggling with this - i read the words but can't make meaning. My situation is exactly the same but what does this mean. Is there something I need to do. Sorry - can you be specific

The import folder function is part of the Windows Client - i.e. the Application that you install instead of using your browser. 

I am still struggling with this - i read the words but can't make meaning. My situation is exactly the same but what does this mean. Is there something I need to do. Sorry - can you be specific

Hi and welcome to the forum,

You need to use the Evernote 'software' rather than going online in a browser and accessing Evernote that way.

Best regards

Chris

• 7 months later...

I'm trying to sync a notebook with dropbox as well, and can't seem to find the tools button. I have the Evernote app on my iPad, and have the free version. Do I need to purchase premium in order to sync? Thanks...

I'm trying to sync a notebook with dropbox as well, and can't seem to find the tools button. I have the Evernote app on my iPad, and have the free version. Do I need to purchase premium in order to sync? Thanks...

I'm pretty sure you can't sync an Evernote notebook to Dropbox with an iPad.

BTW, this thread is in the Windows section. Please do not post questions dealing with other OSes in this thread. Thank you.

• 6 months later...
  • Level 5*

I use the import folder feature. Yet if I delete a document in this folder, it is still in Evernote. Is there a way that EN deletes this doc as well?

To elaborate on BnF's answer just a little bit, once Evernote pulls in a document from an import folder, it doesn't track any correspondence between the note's copy of the document and the one in the folder. If you modify the document in the import folder, and save it, then Evernote will say "hey, a new document for me to import!" and re-import it to a new note. And as you know now, if you delete the document in the import folder, Evernote doesn't actually do anything : it may detect that a file was deleted, but a file deletion doesn't give Evernote anything to import, so nothing happens; the original copy of the document in the Evernote note remains intact.

Archived