DropCircle 0.1

RedBug

Hi, 

I'm the developer of DropCircle.

What's DropCircle ?

DropCircle is the easiest and best way to insert files, large and small, into your Evernote account.

To upload a file to Evernote with DropCircle, just drag it to the DropCircle icon.

If it’s an html file (or Safari link), a true Evernote not will be created with all the images embedded in the note.
Same things for mail. Simply drag and drop a mail for mail.app or from exchange and you'll have a good looking note in place of the .eml file created by the Evernote application.
You want to backup your wordpress blog (or any other blog supporting rss) ? Just drag and drop the rss file with all the articles to DropCircle. DropCircle create a note for each post with all images embedded and with correct timestamp.

Currently, DropCircle supports:
  • eml files
  • atom/rss files
  • html files
  • all other files are added as resource in a new note.
You could download a beta version of DropCircle here: http://bit.ly/15WaTWo

I wait your comments :)
  • 3 weeks later...

Great app!!!!

Two suggestions:

- more integration in the OSX System

- and a link on top of the view to the original eml file, for doubleclick and showing in mail!

This is an app I am waiting for, cause the view from stored eml files in Evernote on the Iphone doesn´t work, when the mail is forwarded...

Thanks a lot!

• Evernote Expert

Hi, 

I'm the developer of DropCircle.

What's DropCircle ?

DropCircle is the easiest and best way to insert files, large and small, into your Evernote account.

To upload a file to Evernote with DropCircle, just drag it to the DropCircle icon.

If it’s an html file (or Safari link), a true Evernote not will be created with all the images embedded in the note.
Same things for mail. Simply drag and drop a mail for mail.app or from exchange and you'll have a good looking note in place of the .eml file created by the Evernote application.
You want to backup your wordpress blog (or any other blog supporting rss) ? Just drag and drop the rss file with all the articles to DropCircle. DropCircle create a note for each post with all images embedded and with correct timestamp.

Currently, DropCircle supports:
  • eml files
  • atom/rss files
  • html files
  • all other files are added as resource in a new note.
You could download a beta version of DropCircle here: http://bit.ly/15WaTWo

I wait your comments :)

Is this only for MAC? :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@RedBug --- great app, thanks. one question... when i try to drag more than 1 email at a time from mail.app to dropcircle it does not create any notes. (running mac OS 10.8.5). Is there a way to make that work? I have thousands of emails i need to turn into notes ;) Thanks!

i downloaded from your link and tried. still no luck. if i drag > 1 mail message at a time to it it just seems to ignore them.

is there a log somewhere i could provide you to help figure out what is wrong? Thanks!

-mda

• 3 months later...

RedBug:

Are you still working on this?   I tried the beta version and can't get it to work.  The error message disappears quickly so I can't see all of it.   I think the error number begins with a '5'.

I'd really like to see this work.  It might be just the ticket for what I'm trying to do.   I'd gladly pay for this if it does what it supposed to.

Yes.

I'm still working on it.

Do you have connected your evernote account on it ? (File/Evernote/Connect)

Next version will have automatic (recurrent) synchronisation of web page to evernote.

• 8 months later...

Great app!!!!

Two suggestions:

- more integration in the OSX System

- and a link on top of the view to the original eml file, for doubleclick and showing in mail!

This is an app I am waiting for, cause the view from stored eml files in Evernote on the Iphone doesn´t work, when the mail is forwarded...

Thanks a lot!

Klammer App for iPhone opens .eml files, allows you to read and respond to them right in the app. Amazing for .99

• 1 month later...

Archived