(Archived) Find tags used in a specific notebook

RockM

In the Windows version of Evernote the left panel shows the tags and number of notes per tag. It would be nice if when I select a notebook the tag counts were updated for that notebook. That way I can see what tags exist in that particular notebook.  RIght the now the only way I know of to do this is view the tags column in the note list or view each note separately. Is there some other way to list all tags used in a given notebook?

• Level 5*

* Enable the status bar via View / Enable Status Bar -- this is on the bottom of the Evernote window

* Select the notebook

* Select the tag

The status bar should now show the number of notes in that notebook with that tag.

* Enable the status bar via View / Enable Status Bar -- this is on the bottom of the Evernote window

* Select the notebook

* Select the tag

The status bar should now show the number of notes in that notebook with that tag.

Thanks, that's helpful, but it still requires I select each tag.  It would be nice to know, for example, which tags actually have notes in the selected notebook without having to look at each tag individually.

I think I figured it out.  Select a notebook, then right-click on the Tags area in the left pane and select "Hide Unassigned Tags".  This does exactly what I want - it shows only the tags used by the selected notebook.

• Level 5*

I think I figured it out.  Select a notebook, then right-click on the Tags area in the left pane and select "Hide Unassigned Tags".  This does exactly what I want - it shows only the tags used by the selected notebook.

I don't see that working that way at all, at least the note counts are not correct, which is what one of the things that you said that you wanted in your original post. However, yes, hiding unassigned tags does make it easier to narrow the search for note counts, when combined with the status bar.

Archived