(Archived) Normal to have to sign in every time Skitch is launched?

mgchk

Skitch 2.0.4 on Lion.  Every time I launch Skitch (that includes when I quit Skitch and leave the helper running), I enter my Evernote password or Skitch won't work more than once. It doesn't matter if I check the "stay logged in" box or not. It's as if Skitch does not remember my Evernote password.  According to Keychain Access, Skitch has permission to access my Evernote password.  I deleted the Evernote item and allowed Skitch to recreate the item in the keychain, but still no luck. I used Keychain First Aid - no help there either.  I use Little Snitch, but allowing Skitch to make all connections didn't help.

(I don't really like 2.0.4, but I figure I should learn how to use it.  I don't share as much as I create tutorials and version 1 is far superior as an annotation tool). 

EDIT:  solved the problem by logging in and out. Then Skitch could "see" the password in the Keychain.

@hoodsmom - There is no reason for Skitch to keep asking you to log in if you have the "stay logged in" checked. I'm forwarding your problem to our QA Lead for Mac so he can follow up with you, so we can determine what might be the cause.

• 3 weeks later...

@VRH - Can you please send me a private message with your Activity Log? You can find it under Help->Activity Log

Have you reset your password on Evernote.com? If not, then you need to do that first. 

Yes, I reset my password on Evernote and that is the one that I'm using with Skitch.  When I enter it, it logs me in fine. It doesn't stick -- I have to enter it every time I open Skitch.  I'll send you the log privately.

Same problem here. When I try to Command-W skitch the window closes, then pops up and asks for my Evernote password, over and over. I stopped synching with Evernote a few months ago, I just want to save snaps to the desktop. When I open Skitch, asks for Evernote password with same issue.

In prefs, have Skitch set to "Save to Evernote" = Never, and "Use this notebook for Skitch" is set to "MyFolderName", can't set it to nothing. Evernote synch set to Manually.

Mac 10.8.3 Build 12D78

Skitch Version 2.0.5 (262483)

Evernote Mac Version 5.0.7 (400995)

Evernote password has been changed for a week or so. Have rebooted since then.

• 2 months later...

@surrealroad - Can you PM with the Activity Log? I'll ask one of our QA engineers to dig into it. You can find the Activity Log by going to Help-> Activity Log and copy & pasting the contents into a comment to me. 

@surrealroad - can you tell me a bit more about your issue? When you installed Skitch on your MBP did you allow it to access your keychain? Did you leave the "Stay logged in" checkbox checked? Have you checked the "Settings... Applications" screen in the EN web client to see if the device shows up in the list?  Does it work when you are NOT connected to the Internet through the proxy? Does it only fail when you are connected to the Internet through the proxy?

Thanks for your help,

Lester

@surrealroad - can you tell me a bit more about your issue? When you installed Skitch on your MBP did you allow it to access your keychain? Did you leave the "Stay logged in" checkbox checked? Have you checked the "Settings... Applications" screen in the EN web client to see if the device shows up in the list?  Does it work when you are NOT connected to the Internet through the proxy? Does it only fail when you are connected to the Internet through the proxy?

Thanks for your help,

Lester

I've had skitch installed here for absolute ages. The login issue has been fairly recent. In keychain access, the application Skitch is listed as having access to the "skitch" application password (it's listed multiple times).

I have been ticking "stay logged in" each time I launch the app. My username is remembered, but not the password.

The laptop's showing up in my access history in evernote > settings.

I can't say for sure right now if it works when not using the proxy, I'll check next time I'm in a position to do so.

@surrealroad - with the latest version (2.5.2), Skitch no longer stores the password in the keychain, it now uses a secure token. Is it possible that you have done something to your keychain which prevents Skitch from storing the token in the keychain?

@surrealroad - with the latest version (2.5.2), Skitch no longer stores the password in the keychain, it now uses a secure token. Is it possible that you have done something to your keychain which prevents Skitch from storing the token in the keychain?

So… I deleted the skitch entry from my keychain, launched skitch, saved the password but a new entry did not get created in the keychain.

Archived