(Archived) Sticky Notes Problem...

Hi I just installed the Evernote Sticky Notes Problem and I loved it.

But then after trying out different fonts in the Settings for my Sticky Notes, the program suddenly crashed and whenever I open the app this window with a message appears:

"Input file or data stream does not conform to the expected file format specification."

It appeared when I tried out a certain font. I don't know if that was the problem though. I tried re-installing it (but didn't anymore ask for my activation code) but that still comes out. How can I resolve this?

I'm using Windows Vista btw

• Level 5*

Hi I just installed the Evernote Sticky Notes Problem and I loved it.

But then after trying out different fonts in the Settings for my Sticky Notes, the program suddenly crashed and whenever I open the app this window with a message appears:

"Input file or data stream does not conform to the expected file format specification."

It appeared when I tried out a certain font. I don't know if that was the problem though. I tried re-installing it (but didn't anymore ask for my activation code) but that still comes out. How can I resolve this?

I'm using Windows Vista btw

Hi. Hopefully, someone will have experience with this application, and can offer advice. However, despite its name, it is not an Evernote product. It is actually developed by a third party.

http://hosting.edo-soft.com/stickynotes/

You could try contacting them directly if no one on the forums is able to help you.

• 3 weeks later...

@GrumpyMonkey

Unfortunately no contact info exists for the developer of the Sticky Notes app. There appears to be no way to contact them. I'm a little annoyed that Evernote would allow an app to be listed in their Trunk applications but not require them to provide contact info.

Hello lechelsi,

can you tell me which font was causing the problems?

For a quick fix please open regedit.exe und navigate to the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EDO-Soft\Sticky Notes. This is where the application stores the settings. If you just remove everything in this folder (don't remove anything that is not inside the "Sticky Notes" folder!) you should be able to start the app again.

post-87593-0-21759100-1363408405_thumb.p

Hello lechelsi,

can you tell me which font was causing the problems?

For a quick fix please open regedit.exe und navigate to the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EDO-Soft\Sticky Notes. This is where the application stores the settings. If you just remove everything in this folder (don't remove anything that is not inside the "Sticky Notes" folder!) you should be able to start the app again.

I would add that using Regedit incorrectly can really muff up your computer. So do this only if you are comfortable with using Regedit & it's at your own risk. It's also a good idea to backup your registry before making any changes.

• 3 months later...

I've got to agree with Grumpymonkey "Unfortunately no contact info exists for the developer of the Sticky Notes app. There appears to be no way to contact them. I'm a little annoyed that Evernote would allow an app to be listed in their Trunk applications but not require them to provide contact info."

I am having problems with Stickynotes, in as much as the notes on My PC do not synchronise, and they show different information on the notes "On Screen" to the local Evernote copy.

Beyond this I had stickyNotes installed on my Laptop, and both my PC and laptop had problems on close down having each time to forcibly end the app. I have uninstalled it on my laptop.

Am about to try dominikweber's fix and will report back, anyone know any way of getting to the developer?

Hello cbits,

I'm one of the developers ;)

If you open the Settings window it should display an error message if the last synchronization has failed. Can you tell me the error message? Which operating systems and version of Sticky Notes do you use?

Hi dominikiweber

I have already done the regedit prior to reading your message, when I restart my PC and fire up evernote sticky notes I am asked to re-activate the link to my account, I follow the process and enter the verification code and get an error pop-up "The remote server returned an error (400) Bad Request"

I am using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, and sticky notes Version 1.5.5 (Evernote has told me I last verified it sometime in May!) (and I see you are indeed joint developer!) 

Thanks

Hi

I have closed and re-opened Sticky Notes and re-authorised the app which proceeded without error this time and completed a successful synchronise and has brought me up 5 notes - which are those from my evernote (my PC had 6, some different contents, but que sera).

So thats the problem solved for the minute, (Regarding closedown of PC it happens as little as possible cos it takes ages and ages to do a re-start, so next time it becomes so gummed up or updates require I will let you know if its still a problem)

On my home PC I use Evernote Web, and My Laptop too as we have a home and and a business account so its easier to use the webversion (Besides it has reminders and the Windows version doesn't!)

It would be good if you gave some contact info on your website (even if only to post here and it will be picked up.

Thanks for the help

• 2 months later...

Hi Looking Glass writing

Really I think you will find the sticky notes download site is fine, (far better that the many so called Free Software "download sites" where we find people downloading even legitimate software like Malwarebytes etc, end up with an accompanying batch of conduit /lucky leap / Incredimail malware)

But more importantly please tell me your not using AVG free - it's not worth the money you don't pay for it! The saying "there is no such thing as a free lunch" was originally coined about to AVG Free I understand.

Sticky notes is useful, would be better if it had a little ability to format the text more than picking one font  (Headings etc) but it is a good "notetaker" app it seems if you have a problem the developers keep an eye here, though it would be preferable that they declared some official contact method.

Enjoy their app

Thank you, Cbits!

It's funny you should mention the conduit /lucky leap / Incredimail malware because that is exactly what prompted me to double check before I downloaded this software. I have a paid subscription to AVG (I don't know about free AVG, but I learned the free lunch lesson with another type of free antivirus software before I made the switch) and didn't have a virus for three years ... until I downloaded something legitimate (I believe it was Java) and obtained the virtual herpes that is conduit. Needless to say, it was a total nightmare so now I am overly cautious about even seemingly innocuous downloads from trusted publishers.

I went ahead and installed Sticky Notes, but I seem to be running into some of the same issues with synchronization that people mentioned above so I will have to go back and try to troubleshoot it based on your responses.

Thank you for your help!

Archived