(Archived) Where are the files saved to on my Mac?

stanwelks

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

If you downloaded directly it's in user/library/application support/evernote

If you downloaded from the app store it's here ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote

And, if you have an iMac with a fusion drive, it might be here

/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/Evernote/account/<your username>/ 

Just copy the folder somewhere else as a manual backup

1.) If I either manually back these folders up or use Time Machine, is this backing up EVERYTHING, including all notebooks, notes, images, audio, etc.?

2.) If this folder was removed somehow would it start synching with Evernote and remove everything from the cloud?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

1.) If I either manually back these folders up or use Time Machine, is this backing up EVERYTHING, including all notebooks, notes, images, audio, etc.?

2.) If this folder was removed somehow would it start synching with Evernote and remove everything from the cloud?

Thanks.

1. Yes. But, why not go in and check to make sure :) You can find your Evernote files at /Users/<userID>/Library/Application Support/Evernote for the home brew version and at ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote for the appstore version.

2. If you remove the Evernote folder (delete, rename, or move it) it will simply sync and download all of your files again. If you delete notes from within the app, then it will delete the content from the cloud. In other words, if you take a hammer to your computer and smash it into a million bits, then it will not affect the content of your account. 

Archived