(Archived) Thoughts / suggestions - Evernote Windows

TobiasJohansson

Hello,

First of all I think Evernote and Cleary is great. I use them on a daily basis. However I'm wondering about some stuff.

1. I used to have a mac, but now I had to change to Windows for work. So I'm wondering if Evernote 5 is getting released on Windows? I personally loved the new design but I haven't seen any information about it coming to windows.

2. I use cleary every singel day. It makes it so much easiser and comfortable to read long articles on the web. However, when I don't have time to read I save the articles into Evernote, and I don't find it as good reading from evernote. So what I'm wondering here is, have you thought about putting in a "reading mode" into evernote that looks and works like clearly? I would love that especially with the ability to mark like a marker pen in the text. I could just open the website again but a lot of the times I read it's for example on trains where I don't get internet.

As I said. I think evernote is a great product. So it's not like I'm going to stop using it. But I do think this would make it even greater. Especially the reading part. :).

I hope it's okey to suggest stuff like this. Of course it's up to the developers. But this is one of the small things I'm missing. :)

• Level 5*

Evernote 5? What's that? As far as I know, that's just a version number for the Mac client. Eventually there will be a version 5 for the Windows client, but as is well known, the Mac and WIndows clients are different.

Yes, it's fine to make suggestions here.

• Level 5*

That's my question: what exactly *is* "version 5 of Evernote"? The Mac client is for the Mac; the Windows client is for Windows. They are separate programs, with separate designs, separate features, and separate release dates. What, in your mind, makes version 5 of the Mac "version 5"? What features from version 5 of the Mac do you want to see on Windows?

• 2 months later...

back to the initial topic: yes, it would be awesome to have Clearly integrated in Evernote. I clip many articles from blogs using Clearly. The markup function is great, but it would be even more useful if it could be used later in the Evernote client itself.

PS. the Windows and Web clients look outdated and ugly if you
compare them with the amazing Mac/iOS/Android versions. Navigation is
much easier on the iPad imho.

Archived