(Archived) TODO List exple for grocerys

LUV-HTC-972

Hello it would be nice if evernote had a ( todo list ) creation just like color notes. and also the abilty to share it... i mean my wife is at home and she would just update de list wills i am at the grocery shop... i saw that in an other appli it would be great to have it in evernote.. or a plugins just like sticky note to add up to evernote...

what do u all think..

Hello it would be nice if evernote had a ( todo list ) creation just like color notes. and also the abilty to share it... i mean my wife is at home and she would just update de list wills i am at the grocery shop... i saw that in an other appli it would be great to have it in evernote.. or a plugins just like sticky note to add up to evernote...

what do u all think..

This has been discussed already. A lot. Please search the board if you want more info. In a nutshell, you would be better served using a true to do list manager such as Toodledoo, RTM, etc.

i knew you would say to use an other appli but why use hundreds of applis when i can use just a few ... i saw that i could put check boxes .. hey do u really think that my wife or some other person who dont really now how to use a computer can make check boxes..

come on thats the only thing missing in evernote.. or could some one just make a plugin just like sticky notes.. oh boy i wish i could code...

You may think that's the one and only thing missing from Evernote. I may think something else is important. In the end, it's going to be Evernote which decides what features are important.

As to why you should use multiple apps rather than just one, the reason is that you use the right tool for the job. Sure, Evernote could replace every app on your computer if the developers tried hard enough (and were that insane)but it would probably result in a program that does nothing well. The saw blade on my multitool is handy but, if I want to cut down a tree, I use a chain saw.

I've variously thought that I'd like something like that in Evernote. I don't think that anymore though, because I realize that a list like that as a NOTE is functionally useless. When you look past the idea there's something Evernote could do but isn't, you realize that a grocery list (or any other one-off list) holds virtually no value as a reference, and therefore doesn't need pseudo-permanent documentation within your notebook. You really are better off using a tool for which 'throwaway notes' like those are a strength.

I'd also add that Evernote would have to make major shifts to accomodate this sort of 'note', because quickly adding or reshuffling list items is just not a part of Evernote's current design vocabulary. It'd either be super clunky (like now), or would have to completely reinvent the way you interact with the tool. It'd likely be a Skitch-esque scenario.

I personally use Google Tasks for grocery lists.

hey do u really think that my wife or some other person who dont really now how to use a computer can make check boxes..

A. It's not that hard

B. it's not my problem

C. If someone finds maintaining a cloud based list problematic, then perhaps pen & paper is a better list manager for that person. I never expected my elderly mother to email me her grocery list.

Pick one or more or all of the above.

i knew you would say to use an other appli but why use hundreds of applis when i can use just a few ... i saw that i could put check boxes .. hey do u really think that my wife or some other person who dont really now how to use a computer can make check boxes..

come on thats the only thing missing in evernote.. or could some one just make a plugin just like sticky notes.. oh boy i wish i could code...

"hundreds of apps"???  Really???  Highly doubtful.  I'm a self proclaimed software junkie & I can probably very realistically claim I use "hundreds of apps".  I've never counted them.  But for someone who doesn't even code, I suspect you'd be using a lot less.  In the case of a grocery list vs EN, we're talking two.

It's really very simple.  Teach yourself to code.  Google stuff.  It's pretty easy to self teach with the i'net today.  Use the EN API & make your own app.

ok u have a point there... but i thaught that this forum was to give idees since i'm the one using the app i missed something so i thaught it would be nice to have it in my favorite note app... maybe i made a mistake.. i'll just use another apps to make my todo list as you all suggests. maybe i'll like it more and just forget about evernote... lol

ok u have a point there... but i thaught that this forum was to give idees since i'm the one using the app i missed something so i thaught it would be nice to have it in my favorite note app... maybe i made a mistake.. i'll just use another apps to make my todo list as you all suggests. maybe i'll like it more and just forget about evernote... lol

This is the place to give ideas. However, if you'd used the search function, you would have found the answer you received, since this has been discussed...already...a lot... Just because it's an idea, doesn't translate to something EN will do. And if all you need is a list manager, then rightfully so, EN is probably not the app for you.

I think you'll find that the needs of the notetaker will always differ a bit from the needs of the listmaker, and no tool will tick all the boxes perfectly (no pun intended) . Which is as normal as the continued existence of screwdrivers and corkscrews, despite the fact that Swiss Army Knives exist.

Maybe it would help to just reframe it in your mind. After all, there IS an umbrella for all these different tools. It's not Evernote, though, it's your phone. It's already doing what you want, it's almost hilariously modular and there are tons of great listmaking apps for it. They just haven't got an elephant on them.

Archived