(Archived) Going over limit stops offline client accepting new

dmee

OK, I realise once I've hit my limits for the month (including paid extras!!) that stuff won't sync to the cloud - but why should it stop me loading into Evernote client ready for next months allowance :-(

I am scanning loads of old negatives in and going way over even my 6GB allowance - I wanted to get everything scanned this weekend, then wait the 11 days to new month, fork out for another 5GB extra and let the next bunch upload, but the client keeps balking and saying "That isn't allowed because you're over limit" everything I try to add the scan to Evernote

Using the "Webcam" interface - my scanner shows as a "camera" and has worked fine for ages.

Please help!!

OK, I realise once I've hit my limits for the month (including paid extras!!) that stuff won't sync to the cloud - but why should it stop me loading into Evernote client ready for next months allowance :-(

I am scanning loads of old negatives in and going way over even my 6GB allowance - I wanted to get everything scanned this weekend, then wait the 11 days to new month, fork out for another 5GB extra and let the next bunch upload, but the client keeps balking and saying "That isn't allowed because you're over limit" everything I try to add the scan to Evernote

Using the "Webcam" interface - my scanner shows as a "camera" and has worked fine for ages.

Please help!!

You will need to add new notes into a local notebook, until your limit refreshes.

OK..... but can't see why you can't pre-load a sync folder for the next sync.  Weird.

Not weird at all.  It simply doesn't allow you to add any new notes to a sync'd notebook b/c you've gone over the limit. And...once the limit refreshes, you must sync in order for the desktop client to know that, since your true upload status is on the EN servers.

I can understand that it won't sync any more because I've hit my limit, but it's a desktop client, so I would have thought I could load as many files as I want and then upload to the limit each month until everythings in sync

I can understand that it won't sync any more because I've hit my limit, but it's a desktop client, so I would have thought I could load as many files as I want and then upload to the limit each month until everythings in sync

It is.  You can.  See above.  I don't know how to say it any more clearly.

:-) still not clear enough.

I try to add a new note to a sync folder - it doesn't let me because I am at my limit to send to the cloud.  I don't mind it not going to the cloud just yet - I am at my limit - however I would appreciate it letting me load my desktop client notebook with as much stuff as I wanted.

e.g.

I want to be able to load 30GB of notes to a notebook, have client moan until I cough up for 5 more GB that month, then sync 6GB to cloud, next month, pay for another 5GB, syncs another 6GB etc etc until all 30 is in the cloud.

At present I can load 6GB into notebook, sync, then wait a month, scan in another 6GB and let that sync.

If I am all set up to scan 30GB its maddening to keep having to resetup scanner each month to do a bit, then wait a month.

If I scan to a folder independent of Evernote, it takes the 6GB and leaves the other files in the folder until next month.  All I want is the same sort of behaviour using the internal "webcam" bit of Evernote - which loads directly to a notebook not a folder.

:-) still not clear enough.

I try to add a new note to a sync folder - it doesn't let me because I am at my limit to send to the cloud.  I don't mind it not going to the cloud just yet - I am at my limit - however I would appreciate it letting me load my desktop client notebook with as much stuff as I wanted.

e.g.

I want to be able to load 30GB of notes to a notebook, have client moan until I cough up for 5 more GB that month, then sync 6GB to cloud, next month, pay for another 5GB, syncs another 6GB etc etc until all 30 is in the cloud.

At present I can load 6GB into notebook, sync, then wait a month, scan in another 6GB and let that sync.

If I am all set up to scan 30GB its maddening to keep having to resetup scanner each month to do a bit, then wait a month.

If I scan to a folder independent of Evernote, it takes the 6GB and leaves the other files in the folder until next month.  All I want is the same sort of behaviour using the internal "webcam" bit of Evernote - which loads directly to a notebook not a folder.

(sigh)

Again, I've stated it VERY CLEARLY. I can't help that you're not getting it.

Over & out.

The meaning of Evernote is to hold all data in sync on all devices. Overfilling an online-notebook would stop the syncing-process for all other notebooks so it would not be possible to use Evernote as it is designed for, for the next months.

So when you scan all your stuff in offline notebooks you can decide yourself which of them are the most important and so are worth to consume upload month by month without blocking the whole syncing-process for other notes.

Archived