insufficient memory space

• Level 5*

Hi - well the meaning is pretty clear;  the implications are that you won't be syncing with your account until you sort out the problem.  And on an Android repeated attempts to sync can kill your battery quickly,  so keep an eye on it.

I suggest:  Clear all caches on your phone / move any apps you can to SD storage / uninstall any apps you don't really (really) need.  If you have a notebook set for offline searches on your mobile,  untick that option for the time being.  If it's your default notebook,  try moving things you need to see on the mobile into another (smaller) notebook and offline search that one.

Sync your phone and see whether the message repeats. 

Let us know what happens.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there any way to make it so that Evernote uses my SD storage instead of my internal phone storage? How do i know which storage form Evernote will use? Sorry for these silly questions, i'm not exactly a techie person. 

• Level 5*

Is there any way to make it so that Evernote uses my SD storage instead of my internal phone storage? How do i know which storage form Evernote will use? Sorry for these silly questions, i'm not exactly a techie person. 

Why are you concerned about the storage used?  Evernote doesn't download large amounts of data to the phone unless you have a large database and make your default notebook searchable offline.  Just use Evernote normally and you should be fine.  If you need to have notes available offline,  set up a new notebook containing only the notes that you need.

Why are you concerned about the storage used?  Evernote doesn't download large amounts of data to the phone unless you have a large database and make your default notebook searchable offline.  Just use Evernote normally and you should be fine.  If you need to have notes available offline,  set up a new notebook containing only the notes that you need.

I just assumed that when it says "insufficient memory space", that i am lacking enough memory to sync. I have 4GB on my SD and 500 MB on my phone and i was getting the message saying "insufficient memory space" when i attempted to sync my notes. If i could get it to use my SD space then maybe the message wont come up.

• Level 5*

Do you have any offline searchable notebooks?  If not,  then the memory problem may be down to having too many apps installed,  or just having too many running in active memory while you;re syncing.  It's not exactly clear whether Evernote can store its files on your SD card - if you're having sync problems I wouldn't mess with any Evernote settings anyway.  Get the sync sorted first.  Try closing all running apps except Evernote and then syncing.

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5*

Can I change it so that it would use my internal space instead of my SD card. My SD card is more filled then internal storage.

By default Evernote shouldn't use your SD card for anything more than temporary storage unless you asked it to.  To check if you're not sure...

Android > Settings > <More..> Applications Manager > Evernote:  make sure this shows Evernote is installed on your device not the SD card.

Evernote > Settings > General > Search and Storage: check that 'offline search' is not ticked (unless you wanted it that way) and clear the cache.

Archived