Printing my Evernote document?

I am very new to this forum and I am sure this topic has been discussed many times but I just don't have the time to search for the answer. So I am hoping someone can answer me ASAP. 

I am a kindergarten teacher and I use Evernote to document the children at play. I take a picture of them doing something interesting, then I write my learning story below the picture (very fast, easy, and effective). I want to be able to print the whole document I have now created, but when I upload it to my computer only the pictures show up none of the text. We don't have wireless internet or wireless printer so I cant just print right from my ipad. I have to load it all up to my computer and print from there. Please help ??

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.  Will Evernote print to PDF from your iPad?  You could create the file(s) and transfer them directly to your desktop,  or use DropBox (quicker,  direct and no upload limit) or Evernote - sync both computers in order.  Once on your desktop the page should print as it displays.

• 4 months later...

With so many teachers using Evernote for portfolios, they have to come up with a solution to this and clear options/communication about printing.  Evernote is such a great way to get away from printing and paper waste, but every so often it would be awesome to have a simple print function for those of us creating documents with a combination of photos and text (sometimes several photos in one document).  Currently it prints with huge photos, or you have to copy and paste into another program and resize the photos by hand.  Way too time consuming.

The way everything is formatted when you open a URL in a browser on Evernote is so nice.  If you could hit an 'export to PDF' button and it would export it in that lovely format with your photos resized to a manageable print size (like they appear on the URL function), it would be SO AWESOME. We might even stop complaining about Evernote doing away with the educator discount. Please, please, please?

• Level 5*

OK I'm torn at the moment - Evernote doesn't advertise itself as any kind of document layout / web page designer,  and it's main focus is to show you information you would otherwise forget (or lose).  Items saved into notes are printed like the originals,  but comments you add aren't scaled alongside them.  Coding the extra functions would be expensive,  and although education is a worthy market,  Evernote clearly haven't found a place in their roadmap - yet - for this.  It's their commercial decision whether (and when) they do this,  so all we can do is suggest work arounds.

On the other hand the editor is pretty clunky and long due for a makeover - maybe there's a leetle corner in that work for something to scale images a bit better - or better yet give a print output that looks like a desktop screen display!

Has anyone out there found a way to use Evernote's current features to print practical handouts?

• 1 month later...

What are you taking the pictures with? Your iPad? On your iPad camera app or on whatever camera you use, there should be a method for adjusting the megapixels or size of your pictures that will give you a smaller picture. I don't have an iPad handy so I am just guessing about this. Most people are taking pictures at a much larger resolution than necessary. 

• Level 5*

I'm all for taking good-rez pictures where appropriate,  and cropping / de-rezzing down to illustrate a project or to share.  I keep both versions of the pic - the good one in Picasa and the other in Evernote.  Where I'm taking a series of pics to illustrate how I should put something back together,  I set the phone to low-rez and snap away at every opportunity.  Some of those get into Evernote too - just in case it needs taking apart again...

• 5 months later...

What i did to print my notes:

Share it on facebook ( i sent it in a private email to myself)

I opened the email and clicked the link then a page showed up on my computer and i just printed from there. The notes looked pretty good but the pictures were still big only because it is big on my notes in evernote. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello! I'm not sure if this will fix the image issue or not, but I've found the best way to print a beautiful spread of formatted text from Evernote to PDF or straight to a printer is to use File...Export Note, and then select HTML as the output. This will create a local web page on your computer which will open in an Internet browser for easy printing. Hope this helps!

Archived