(Archived) Using Evernote as a calendar?

The way I use it is a Notebook called "Tinkler", is which I put notes about my dates and reunions (and reminders), and modify title so it all began with YYYY-MM-DD + keywords

Then I order by name, and I have a vision of my next obligations.

Hope it gave you ideas :)

This might seem like a stupid question, but why not just a calendar app?

I went through a stage of trying to use Evernote to replace everything, but then realised it's not meant to do that. There are other, more relevant and useful apps for some specific requirements. Calendars, To Do's etc fall into that category for me.

This might seem like a stupid question, but why not just a calendar app?

I went through a stage of trying to use Evernote to replace everything, but then realised it's not meant to do that. There are other, more relevant and useful apps for some specific requirements. Calendars, To Do's etc fall into that category for me.

Yup. The right tool for the task.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

If you're on the Windows platform, another option for calendar integration is our TuskTools Calendar application.  You'd have each of your appointments as a note, and in the body you'd identify the date/time something like this (it's flexible as to exact formatting):

##7/9/13 from 1 to 2 pm##

You can then display them in the application's calendar window, or if you're using Google Calendar, you can have them show up on your Google Calendar.

• 1 month later...

Archived