(Archived) annoying behaviours in Card View and Notebook selection

lyndaangela

Idea

I'm not sure what version changed this, but I find it very annoying when I am deleting notes in Card View to have focus jump right after deletion to the note card at the top of the Card View window. It doesn't seem to matter what Sort I select. I would much prefer the focus to stay with the note before or after the deleted note. 

Another annoyance that didn't exist before is the pick selection when I click to select a Notebook for a new note. Previously, I could type one letter and always get the Notebook starting with that letter. In fact, I named my notebooks to take advantage of this. Now the selection gives me several notebooks whose name contains the selected letter. Please give me a way to get rid of this!

2 replies to this idea

Hi lyndaangela,

I'm not sure what version changed this, but I find it very annoying when I am deleting notes in Card View to have focus jump right after deletion to the note card at the top of the Card View window. It doesn't seem to matter what Sort I select. I would much prefer the focus to stay with the note before or after the deleted note.

I am trying to reproduce your error but am not able to do so. Example: I am in Card View with Sort by Title configuration. When I created two dummy notes, selected them both and deleted them, the focus simply jumped to the preceding note. Can you outline specific steps so I can reproduce your error? Has this happened often or was this a one-time occurrence? Please also note the Mac OSX version and Evernote version you are using.

Another annoyance that didn't exist before is the pick selection when I click to select a Notebook for a new note. Previously, I could type one letter and always get the Notebook starting with that letter. In fact, I named my notebooks to take advantage of this. Now the selection gives me several notebooks whose name contains the selected letter.

Thanks for your suggestion! Noted.

Hi lyndaangela,

I am trying to reproduce your error but am not able to do so. Example: I am in Card View with Sort by Title configuration. When I created two dummy notes, selected them both and deleted them, the focus simply jumped to the preceding note. Can you outline specific steps so I can reproduce your error? Has this happened often or was this a one-time occurrence? Please also note the Mac OSX version and Evernote version you are using.

Mac OS 10.8.2, Evernote Version 5.0.5 (400808) Any sort configuration, I think. It happens when I delete the note using the Trash icon on the bar of the note itself, but not when I delete the note by keyboard Delete on the highlighted card. 

Archived