.....feels like Beta!

fabio68usa

Idea

Good morning everybody,

jumped on the EN Business bandwagon with my 12 people team the day it went live. I have been a very big supporter of EN in my organization and as IT Manager I do have a lot of influence on what product the company should use, I have been in love with EN since I moved away from a more powerful but cumbersome DevonThink Pro but EN Business feels and act as an immature child not ready for prime time.

I have place numerous tickets and gone through chats with tech support just to be informed that a lot of my problems are software related and the team is working on ironing the bugs out, so why introduce an half baked buggy software on the market targeting people that will use to be productive and conduct business? Am I the only one feeling this pain and over reacting? I do not see too much action out there on the EN business users community hopefully I am just an isolate case of disappointed customer.

FC

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Good morning everybody,

jumped on the EN Business bandwagon with my 12 people team the day it went live. I have been a very big supporter of EN in my organization and as IT Manager I do have a lot of influence on what product the company should use, I have been in love with EN since I moved away from a more powerful but cumbersome DevonThink Pro but EN Business feels and act as an immature child not ready for prime time.

I have place numerous tickets and gone through chats with tech support just to be informed that a lot of my problems are software related and the team is working on ironing the bugs out, so why introduce an half baked buggy software on the market targeting people that will use to be productive and conduct business? Am I the only one feeling this pain and over reacting? I do not see too much action out there on the EN business users community hopefully I am just an isolate case of disappointed customer.

FC

Hi. Welcome to the forums. If you search on the forums you will find plenty of praise and criticism of Evernote Business. If you have specific criticisms, though, please do mention them, as it might help the Evernote team address them, and forum members can offer workarounds and approaches that will help you get the most out of the service.

Hi Fabio,

Welcome to the forum.

There have been a number of problems and fixes for the 'Business' version of the software. It has been a difficult time but as GrumpyMonkey states, if you can list in detail what problems you are having, we may be able to assist as a user group to get you over them.

Please do tell us what OS you are using along with the Version number of Evernote.

Best regards

Chris

Thanks guys for the support,I will have a list of issue that my team has collected to share with the forum and I am sure something good will come out of it.

@BurgersNFries: I do agree on the due diligence, the original thought was that when you are using the Premium EN and have good experience you would expect the same by their business version since it is and extended functionalities rather than a brand new product. Regardless I always have a fall back plan and at $120/month is not a deal breaker and two months into it does not really constitute a long term commitment but rather a test phase, this of course it is just a personal opinion.

Fabio,

I am in almost exactly the same position. I was having a great experience with Premium, migrate the business, then everything in chaos with the migration. The cost of the product is nothing compared to the lost time!

EN Team need more content available on how to use Tags in Business Version. They claim in promo videos that they have tested this product inhouse and would not share the product if they did not use it. Surely they have had the same experience as so many people in the forum.

You are not alone... It´s already difficult to explain to your team how a new software works, but it´s even more complicated to do it when the software doesn´t work well. You can´t move things from one place to another, it doesn´t always sync properly, tags administration is a mess and I´m starting to think that it wasn´t a good decission. Hope they solve problems early because I really love the idea, and premium worked amazingly well for me. (I already sent tickets with the issues i found). 

You are not alone... It´s already difficult to explain to your team how a new software works, but it´s even more complicated to do it when the software doesn´t work well. You can´t move things from one place to another, it doesn´t always sync properly, tags administration is a mess and I´m starting to think that it wasn´t a good decission. Hope they solve problems early because I really love the idea, and premium worked amazingly well for me. (I already sent tickets with the issues i found). 

Any specifics that you'd like to point out? Especially knowing which platform you are using is helpful. Also getting a sense of how you use Evernote in your business would be very insightful

I feel your pain.  Based on the reputation of Evernote I recommended the 'business version' for a project we are on...   Now I am having to make excuses why they can't start to use it.

We can whinge and harp all we like, the product is out there a few months too early.  The company don't have the culture right now to support business users.

I want a tech on webex and show him how poor the experience is.  Sending in activity logs to days of silence is not the way to go.

The fact that there is no free trial/download to entice in new users means that someone/somewhere in Evernote knows how poor the product is right now.

Archived