Feature Request: pinch to zoom

mjamesderocher

Idea

I love the new update to Penultimate that included sync to Evernote. This update prompted me to reinstall it on my iPad.

But I have a small complaint--you cannot pinch to zoom. I have an iPad mini, and it is very hard to add detail to notes without being able to get in closer.

So my feature request is a simple one, allow pinch to zoom like most other drawing and art apps on iOS.

26 replies to this idea

Yeah!  Thank you Evernote / Penultimate Team.  It pinches to zoom and will even auto slide so you can write or allow you to anchor it down.  Finally, can do drawing or writing with fine detail.

Thank you so much - great update and added feature!

I haven't seen too many responses from them on any topic, really.   I wish the communication was better.

I just moved back to the iPad from Android where I used Papyrus -- a union of the two products would be amazing...

As an incoming freshman in college, I've been looking for new ways to effectively take notes in-class. Previously, I'd used Evernote in conjunction with my Livescribe Echo pen, but I've since given that up, since the Livescribe pen is too big & uncomfortable to use and the Livescribe Mac desktop application is slow and crashes frequently.

But I didn't want to give up handwriting in favor of typing entirely, especially for math classes in which drawing diagrams quickly is essential. When I finally found Penultimate, I realized I could use replace my Livescribe pen with my iPad. Unfortunately, because Penultimate lacks zoom, writing is uncomfortable and my notes look sloppy. Please fix this Evernote! 

Can't live without Evernote and I use iPad daily.  However, much like everyone I spend my life trying to find the elusive app that does all I would want AND integrates with Evernote.  IF Penultimate at least offered ZOOM, that would be a HUGE bonus.  Right now I'm stuck living with amazing note taking apps that I would give up in a second once Penultimate provides the zoom entry window.  Until then it will simply be a second tier product compared to Notability, Notes Plus and the new front runner (because of the OS X integration)  Note Suite.  Please Evernote/Penultimate, add a few basic features to the product.   

If I had my dream come true you would merge Evernote, Penultimate and Skitch into one master product.  (just dreaming however)

I couldn't agree more.

I have tried almost every note taking app out there and I would love to use Penultimate due to it's ability to sync with Evernote but instead I use Notability and sync (basically backup) via PDFs of my drawings.  It's a horrible system that means I have to cull through notes at a slow pace when I want to go back and see something from a device other than my iPad.  

This is all because Penultimate can not zoom.  It's like having an Italian  sports car without a left rear tire.  I want to drive it but I just can't without that feature.  The minute Penultimate adds a zoom feature to allow for finer detail on drawings I'll try it again but until that point it's a no go for me.

I couldn't agree more; the lack of a zoom feature in an iOS drawing or handwriting app is always a deal breaker for me. It's simply impossible to place lines precisely without it. I downloaded Penultimate ages ago, but basically stopped using it because of this. I now use Noteshelf and Notability instead, both of which allow you to zoom in. I'd be happy to give Penultimate another try if this feature is added, because I like the app otherwise.

I am a Evernote Premium customer.  While I love the Evernote-Penultimate integration, some sort of ZOOM feature is is a must!  For technical drawings, it is impossible to achieve the necessary level of detail (and precision).  I have tried it with both the Bamboo and Adonit stylus.  Fail.

As a result, and even though I hate the cluttered interface, I use Notability instead.

Do you know notes plus? Man, I encourage you to take a look at it. And I'm no affiliated with the company whatsoever.

I am a Evernote Premium customer.  While I love the Evernote-Penultimate integration, some sort of ZOOM feature is is a must!  For technical drawings, it is impossible to achieve the necessary level of detail (and precision).  I have tried it with both the Bamboo and Adonit stylus.  Fail.

As a result, and even though I hate the cluttered interface, I use Notability instead.

Hello,

I hear you. In fact, I would definitely suggest Evermote sit down with the people at Notes Plus and see how to replace penultimate with Notes Plus. This app is way head from Penultimate feature-wise.

I can't believe people are not flooding this forum seconding this... 

Archived