Is Evernote 4.6.2 update working for you?

ClutterBGone

Using Windows version of Evernote, 4.6.1.7860 (268368) Public, and in the past all updates have worked like clockwork. Today I received a notice that update 4.6.2 is ready to install, I clicked OK. After a few seconds, I see a notice that states "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." After a few moments it just shuts down and I have to click on the Evernote icon on the desktop to restart Evernote.

Anyone else seeing this or have some suggestion? As I said above this is my first experience with any problem in an update during the past three years ??

David in Wichita

• Level 5*

Using Windows version of Evernote, 4.6.1.7860 (268368) Public, and in the past all updates have worked like clockwork. Today I received a notice that update 4.6.2 is ready to install, I clicked OK. After a few seconds, I see a notice that states "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." After a few moments it just shuts down and I have to click on the Evernote icon on the desktop to restart Evernote.

Anyone else seeing this or have some suggestion? As I said above this is my first experience with any problem in an update during the past three years ??

David in Wichita

Hi. No problems here with 4.6.2.7927 GA.

It's not opening well for me. It takes about ten minutes. I was having problems with freezing before when I went to edit. That seems to be better, but it is taking forever to open Evernote on Win7 for me. The prior version wasn't opening at all. I uninstalled and reinstalled and then did it a couple more times and updated, but now it's working, but only after a very long wait.

Since I started this thread and now have the solution, I thought I had better pass along the answer if it will help someone.

1. Original problem: [Windows user] could not install the current update 4.6.2 on top of 4.6.1 I was getting the following messages. "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." Next message, "the file ‘C:\DOCUME~1\David\LOCALS~1\Temp\'is not a valid installation package for the product Evernote v. 4.6. Try to find the installation package ‘Evernote.msi' in a folder from which you can install Evernote v. 4.6"

I located the file Evernote.msi and moved it to several locations, but each time I tried to install, I get the same message above. I tried to uninstall 4.6.1, no luck.

2. Sent Evernote a help ticked, they were very fast and the suggestions were much like above, but they suggested creating a log text of my system which I did, and also to get the program Revo Unistaller. I sent them the text information and used Revo.

3. It just hiccuped and stopped the uninstall?  #@!!&* <<that me talking. I then took a close look at Revo, one of the buttons was "FORCED UNINSTALL" Wow!! I punched that button and after much creaking and growing, 4.6.1 was GONE!!

4. I installed 4.6.2 and everything is working great! I hope that the Evernote tech people will find some answer to this problem from the text files I sent them. We can all use this information  to help point out what was causing the original hang up.

Once again I am a happy Evernote user.
Regards,
David in Wichita

It's not opening well for me. It takes about ten minutes. I was having problems with freezing before when I went to edit. That seems to be better, but it is taking forever to open Evernote on Win7 for me. The prior version wasn't opening at all. I uninstalled and reinstalled and then did it a couple more times and updated, but now it's working, but only after a very long wait.

I have since done the most thorough REVO uninstall, deleting all files (including all my Evernote data), and then did a clean reinstall of Evernote and downloaded all my data fresh. I also deleted one of my notes, recopying all the content out, turning into to plain text, and then pasting the plain text back into a new note. This combination of steps seemed to solve the problem. It seems the data can get corrupted and that one note in particular was creating a recurring problem. For reference, that note was originally pasted from a very long Word document with lots of formatting. Hope that helps.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived