Feature request - shortcut keys for sorting and views

I have two main sorting requirements:

1. Last updated, most recent first (usual) - usually in card view
  2. Title (I title notes associated with fixed dates yyyy.mm.dd blah, blah, blah) - usually in list view

Right now, I keep two full Evernote windows open to do this, but there is some freakiness with the windows that causes them to fight for my attention, like popping up in front of each other while I am typing.

It would be very useful to have shortcut keys to change the sort order and view, something like:

SHIFT-OPT-CMD-stomp left foot twice-UP ARROW

you get the idea ...

• Level 5*

1. Last updated, most recent first (usual) - usually in card view
  2. Title (I title notes associated with fixed dates yyyy.mm.dd blah, blah, blah) - usually in list view

Right now, I keep two full Evernote windows open to do this, but there is some freakiness with the windows that causes them to fight for my attention, like popping up in front of each other while I am typing.

It would be very useful to have shortcut keys to change the sort order and view, something like:

you get the idea ...

I agree. Jumping through hoops to change the sort every time you want to navigate is quite bothersome (tap to open, slide down through two levels of navigation to change sort > tap to open again to reverse order). This is so much easier to do on that other client who we need not mention, and I know there is plenty of space and plenty of know-how on the Mac team -- get 'er done!

• 2 months later...

• Last updated, most recent first (usual) - usually in card view
  • Title (I title notes associated with fixed dates yyyy.mm.dd blah, blah, blah) - usually in list view

you get the idea ...

Yes! I was just looking for keyboard shortcuts for the exact same two views. As others have said, moving these options into the main menu drop-downs would at least give users the chance to create their own shortcuts. But integrating that functionality with EN would be even better.

• 5 months later...

Over the 5 years I have been using Evernote, I estimate that this has cost me a total of 34 minutes, 11 seconds extra time, causing me to miss:

1 beer with friends

My daughter's first eggroll

2.6 minutes of the Youtube premiere of the Dixie Chicks autobiographical documentary

The garbage pick-up (twice)

The Facebook IPO

I want that time back! (Except for the last one)

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived