(Archived) Location for notes created with photos

jrcchicago

Idea

Used to be that when I created a note by dragging a photo out of iPhoto down to my EN icon on the dock, the new note used the location data from the photo. Last night, I tried it for the first time since moving to EN 5 (the direct download, not the Mac App Store version) and moving from iPhoto to Aperture, and although the location data shows up fine in Aperture, the Evernote note location kept coming up with my home address. Short of inputting the correct location by hand, is there a setting or other method of getting the location data from the photo into the note?

4 replies to this idea

I have this problem as well and it drives me nuts. I really preferred the old way of picking up the location from the photo. At the very least, it should let you choose which to use.

I've manually put in the location for a few of my notes, but that is pretty laborious. Hope a solution comes along soon.

It doesn't have to be difficult. Whenever a photo is attached, prompt the user whether the user would like to set the note location to the geolocation from the photo. This is how Day One App does it and it works well. No complex algorithm needed, simply let the user decide.

Archived