(Archived) Crash

gfundude

• Level 5

If you are on WIN, look for the username.exb file (that is the file that holds all your notes).

Backup this file to an external drive (stick) etc. Uninstall, re-install and copy your backup to the new install.

That should get you going smoothly again.

There are other ways to do it but I would try this first.

• Level 5*

If you are on WIN, look for the username.exb file (that is the file that holds all your notes).

Backup this file to an external drive (stick) etc. Uninstall, re-install and copy your backup to the new install.

That should get you going smoothly again.

There are other ways to do it but I would try this first.

Oh no, I don't think this will work on the iPad :)

• Level 5*

So, there is no way to save my notes? No way to extract them in some way without being able to start Penultimate (because that's stuck).

No. I suppose one thing you could do is to force close all your apps, turn the power completely off, and then restart your iPad. I have no idea if this will help anything, though. It is is worth a try. I'd also start a support ticket (see the link in my signature). Evernote customer support might be able to sort it out.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, EFFECTIVELY I HAVE NO WAY OF ACCESSING MY NOTES ANYMORE!!!!

Me too.. It keeps saying "opening notes" then it pops back to my homescreen on my ipad.. I have close to 800 notes in penultimate and I can't access any of them... Starting to freak out!! All notes for my nursing classes!!

Please help me!! I am a nursing student who up until today, just had Penultimate. I loved it and it was perfect for what I needed. Well, the app (on my Ipad 2) updated this morning. I try to open it and it just says preparing notebooks then it pops back to my home screen without opening!! I have a huge exam on Monday and I NEED to access these notes. Can anyone help me please I am desperate!!! I can't believe this is happening now of all times!!

If nobody can help with this, do you know who I can contact, or where I could start to try and get this handled? I would NEVER have updated if I thought I could lose all my notes :(

Thanks in Advance, Gretchen

Seeing the same thing as well. Upgraded; asked me to sign in; importing notebooks; crash. Every time.

Major issue since not all my notes were synched to evernote before and don't want to delete the client cache by deleting the app and re-starting it again. Help please!

If nobody can help with this, do you know who I can contact, or where I could start to try and get this handled? I would NEVER have updated if I thought I could lose all my notes :(

I suppose one thing you could do is to force close all your apps, turn the power completely off, and then restart your iPad. I have no idea if this will help anything, though. It is is worth a try. I'd also start a support ticket (see the link in my signature). Evernote customer support might be able to sort it out.

I've contacted the help desk a few days ago. Although they haven't been able to fix the problem, they tried. Today received a message they are offering a beta test version of a bug-fix release. Haven't received it, but at least they seem to working on the issue.

All, there's been a fix submitted and the update should be ready very very soon.

Will it get back all of my notes that this sync bug has seemed to have deleted???

If you haven't uninstalled and reinstalled (removing the local app data) then you should be good. The data never left your device, it just wasn't accessible if you experienced the crash.

The latest version is online, 4.0.1. Has IOS5 support and should fix the crash issue at load, enabling everyone to access their notes again.

All, there's been a fix submitted and the update should be ready very very soon.

Will it get back all of my notes that this sync bug has seemed to have deleted???

If you haven't uninstalled and reinstalled (removing the local app data) then you should be good. The data never left your device, it just wasn't accessible if you experienced the crash.

The latest version is online, 4.0.1. Has IOS5 support and should fix the crash issue at load, enabling everyone to access their notes again.

If only...I tried the new version, still no notebooks. I believe it thought it successfully complete a sync. It then synced back from Evernote to Penultimate. But since the sync had problems to begin with, it synced back from Evernote and lost most of my notebooks. I initiated a support ticket, but their solution was to restore from a nonexistent backup to Dropbox. Really?? Evernote doesn't know how to sync files, so now I need to use a different company to properly sync just in case Evernote destroys it?? Wish they told me that before running the update. For an application that has worked great for a long time for me, I'm disappointed that one update from Evernote completely destroys it. Unfortunately, it's taken me losing all of my notebooks for me to understand what to expect from Evernote products.

>> it works again! But unfortunately all my notebooks are too big to synch. Any suggestions on that one?

@DomNg - Please go ahead and submit a support request and ask if they can add additional upload limit to your account for this month so that you can go ahead and sync your Penultimate notebooks. Mention my name in the support request so they will give you additional upload limit for this month.

@DomNg - Please go ahead and submit a support request and ask if they can add additional upload limit to your account for this month so that you can go ahead and sync your Penultimate notebooks. Mention my name in the support request so they will give you additional upload limit for this month.

Will do. Thanks Phil!

Will do. Thanks Phil!

Hi Phil - I sent a ticket into support but they're saying I need to pull logs now? A bit busy here in start up land...any chance we can just get this to work( ticket ID: 16051-233786)

If only...I tried the new version, still no notebooks. I believe it thought it successfully complete a sync. It then synced back from Evernote to Penultimate. But since the sync had problems to begin with, it synced back from Evernote and lost most of my notebooks. I initiated a support ticket, but their solution was to restore from a nonexistent backup to Dropbox. Really?? Evernote doesn't know how to sync files, so now I need to use a different company to properly sync just in case Evernote destroys it?? Wish they told me that before running the update. For an application that has worked great for a long time for me, I'm disappointed that one update from Evernote completely destroys it. Unfortunately, it's taken me losing all of my notebooks for me to understand what to expect from Evernote products.

lrainer--I flagged this for one of our L2 support people last night, they should be in touch with you already or soon.

Archived