(Archived) Evernote for Businesses - what I want (suggestions!)

Frustrated Business user here. This is what I want to do but can't,

1. I want to be able to move “notebooks” from personal to business (not just notes that seems to of been the emphasis over last 2 months) and keep dates created/modified.

2. I want to be able to use the web clipper to put notes into EN Business notebooks (doesn’t seem to work for Business Notebooks)

3. I want to be able to add emails from outlook using the Addin (doesn’t seem to work for Business Notebooks)

4. I want to be able to use ENScript.exe to add notes and notebooks to a business folder.

So close to being so good!

Hi SantaClaus,

Let me give you answers to each of your points as I see them.

1. Simply, you just create a 'Notebook' in the 'Business' section with the same name as the 'Personal' notes are in. Select all the notes in the 'Personal' section and move to the new same named 'Business Notebook'

2. There is no problem with the web clipper putting notes in a 'Business Notebook'. Perhaps we need to know what version of Evernote you are using and what OS? I am on version 4.6.2.7910 and Windows 7.

3. This, I believe is being worked on, but no harm in you raising another support ticket. A simple workaround would be a 'Notebook' in your 'Personal' side to use as a holding place until you move 'Notes' to the correct 'Business' location. Not perfect, but will get you over the problem in the interim.

4. Sorry I know nothing about ENScript.

Best regards

Chris

Hi Santaclaus,

Wanted to echo what Chris above said. The first 2 are doable today. You can move an entire notebook at a time (note: not converting, but moving all the notes into a new business notebook), and the clipper should work. Can you give some details?

#3 is actively being worked on, and we hope it comes out soon.

#4 Can you elaborate on ENScript? what is that?

Archived