Networking Professional Group - Knowledge Management

Hi,

I've been elected to be the knowledge management manager for a small professional organization in NYC. OUr main objective is to connect young professionals with common interests and goals. The organization has been in existence for over 4 years, we've made great contacts, and have held several events. the drawback is lacking a centralize place to store all this information, make it accessible to our executive team, but with the long-term plans of allowing other members to participate.

now that we are done with the background information, I'm curious to know if anyone has used Evernote as a knowledge management system?

Hi Jose,

I have never been involved, or had to implement 'knowledge management' per se. But if, as far as I can see it is just about storing all of companies knowledge in one location then Evernote Business would be a great way of implementing it.

In my small company it is exactly what I have been doing, with more data being loading on a daily basis. Giving access to others for either all or specific parts of that data as and when needed.

If you read the forums and in particular the 'Lifestyles' section you will see how others have been using Evernote in various collaborative ways. With a little imagination you may be able to see how this can fit in with you own use.

Of course the key benefit of using the Business version apart from the greater upload limit, is having the ability to easily remove an individual from the list of users.

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5*

Hi,

I've been elected to be the knowledge management manager for a small professional organization in NYC. OUr main objective is to connect young professionals with common interests and goals. The organization has been in existence for over 4 years, we've made great contacts, and have held several events. the drawback is lacking a centralize place to store all this information, make it accessible to our executive team, but with the long-term plans of allowing other members to participate.

now that we are done with the background information, I'm curious to know if anyone has used Evernote as a knowledge management system?

I have no experience with this. In the past, I would have said shared notebooks from the organizer's Premium account would be the best way to go, but as Chris said, the new Business is actually well-suited for this, because you have a centralized library where users can easily access and share information as needed. I would definitely recommend looking into it.

HI Chris,

thanks for the insight, what you said is exactly where I would begin: a centralize location where the team leaders would have access to meetings, event contacts, etc. I think keeping it at this level, at least for a v.1 would meet many of the needs. Since you are a business user of Evernote, is there a limit as to the number of users who could have access? is there version tracking (meaning audit trail of who has made changes or contributions to the content in Evernote?

thanks to both

Hi JoseDiaz,

We have a number of customers who use Evernote as a knowledge base. One advantage of some other options is that Evernote is less reliant on filling things properly. With any knowledge base that is reliant on a file structure, it is hard to get people to remember to update it and put information in the right place. However, I will say that there are certain features that we don't offer that might be a 'must-have' for your business. For example, we don't have strict audit-control like you might be used to. Instead, we have an 'image' of a given note that is taken every so often, but up to 8 hours. We call that a note history. You can share a note with read-only status, if edits are your concern.

How many people are in your organization? There is some limit to the number of people you can share a notebook with, but off the top of my head, I can't remember. It's going to be very high, probably in the hundreds if I had to guess. I've made a note to update this thread when I get an answer.

What other features are you looking for? There is some difference in feature set between our free/premium/business premium tiers.

• 11 months later...

Archived