(Archived) Lost TAGS, possibly since last upgrade

peterrauh

post-60501-0-36935200-1359400936_thumb.p

Release: 4.6.2.7910 (268418) Prerelease

Win7 64bit

(TAGS also lost now on Android app as well)

A fairly large amount of tags (say 10-15 of approximately 175) have come up missing, I believe, since upgrading to the latest prerelease version. Has anyone else seen this anomaly?

As far as I can tell, the deleted/missing TAGS are not from any grouping within my tags and started with a variety of alpha and numeric characters. I do not believe my notes were affected in any other way.

Very strange... and frustrating.

Thanks for any information shared, suggestions or questions - I am filing a bug report separately w/EN Tech Support.

Thanks for the quick reference link - I believe the bug I'm seeing is somewhat different than the OP of the thread you referenced. TAGS I have had for years have just gone missing and not returned anywhere (WINDOWS desktop, WEB or ANDROID) that I access my data. The only new element introduced has been an update, so I thought to start there. As for rolling back my data, I am not going to attempt anything outside of working with Evernote technical support. Not the surest hand at such 'under the hood' efforts.

Most interested if any other users are experiencing similar deletions. Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick reference link - I believe the bug I'm seeing is somewhat different than the OP of the thread you referenced. TAGS I have had for years have just gone missing and not returned anywhere (WINDOWS desktop, WEB or ANDROID) that I access my data. The only new element introduced has been an update, so I thought to start there. As for rolling back my data, I am not going to attempt anything outside of working with Evernote technical support. Not the surest hand at such 'under the hood' efforts.

Most interested if any other users are experiencing similar deletions. Thanks again.

The fact that your tag names are now appearing as random numbers would indicate to me that it is the same issue. As I said in the thread I linked to, it has nothing to with the version you are using, so rolling back to a previous version is not a fix just as I posted in that thread & as that OP subsequently discovered. (And nothing was mentioned about rolling back DATA.). If it does not correct itself, you should submit a support ticket. The good news, IME is that this weird issue eventually does correct itself.

Wait...sorry I misunderstood your OP regarding the numbers. Were the missing tags nested? It sounds like you may have deleted a parent tag. Do any of the tags show up in the note header if you call up one of the notes?

There are no tags changing to any other names (i.e. random numbers or any other outcome) and the missing tags are in fact from throughout my list of tags (some nested but then not the tag they were nested within) and all were nested at least one level below the main tags...

Thanks for following this. I hope I wasn't confusing in the initial post anyway.

Archived