(Archived) What happens to unsynced notes on phone if uninstall

deanouellette

Friend has an android phone that is not syncing. If he uninstalls evernote and redownloads it, what happens to unsynced notes on phone?

They get gone. I think you may be able to either email or screen cap/email these notes before uninstalling the EN app.

• Level 5*

You should be able to pull them off the Android. You should locate to the Evernote folder, then look for a folder named something like "user-<number>", and under that, a folder named "unsaved notes". There should be some number of folders under that, probably containing unsaved notes with extansion .enml (they're Evernote's note format). Copy those off to a desktop machine, and you should be able to import them into Evernote.

Note: I haven't tried this myself.

• 7 months later...

You should be able to pull them off the Android. You should locate to the Evernote folder, then look for a folder named something like "user-<number>", and under that, a folder named "unsaved notes". There should be some number of folders under that, probably containing unsaved notes with extansion .enml (they're Evernote's note format). Copy those off to a desktop machine, and you should be able to import them into Evernote.

Note: I haven't tried this myself.

I don't see the evernote folder at all on my SD card. Has there been any change to the default directory structure on Android?

Archived