(Archived) Web clipper stopped working

chessie

Web clipper stopped working with Firefox 18.0.1 today. It was fine before. I don't know if Firefox upgraded on me unknowingly. I would really like to have it working again. It won't load and the spinner keeps spinning.

I did just put it on Chrome and it works there.

Web clipper stopped working with Firefox 18.0.1 today. It was fine before. I don't know if Firefox upgraded on me unknowingly. I would really like to have it working again. It won't load and the spinner keeps spinning.

I did just put it on Chrome and it works there.

I have the same problem, also on Firefox 18.0.1. Tried removing and reinstalling web clipper with no luck. I have also tried older version of the web clipper, no success. I'm on a mac with OS X 10.8.2.

I just cleared the cache, which put up the login screen but then wouldn't let me in, even with the proper credentials. I logged in to my Evernote via the web app and then tried the clipper again and it was hung. So it seems like it's some kind of problem that occurs after or on authentication. I also upgraded to 5.5 (which has some nice fixes that I was waiting for) to see if that would help, but no change.

Same here. I have tired everything. Uninstalling it and Clearly, removing other addons, deleting extensions sql file for rebuild, plus much more. I'm getting intermittent errors with Clearly as well.

Help!

Hi all,

As many Firefox user has reported the Evernote Web Clipper 5.4.1 is partially broken due to an authentication issue. We are working on fixing this as soon as possible.

There is a reasonable workaround to get clipping functionality back by switching to sending clips to the desktop client ( you will need to have Evernote for Windows or Mac installed for this workaround...)

Instructions on setting Web Clipper to clip to desktop client:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s13/sh/4485bcf0-a83c-4160-97ba-f4809870cb8c/6fc8977cb483648507fae6dcf7827534

I will post back here as soon as we've verified a fix.

Ok - we have rolled out a fix for the authentication issue that has been causing serious problems the last day. Please let me know if anyone is still experiencing problems.

- You may need to logout & re-login.

- You may have to restart the browser or clear the cache.

I still only get the spinning gear. I've cleared my firefox 18.0.1 cache, uninstalled the addon(5.4.1), reinstalled the addon, signed out of the desktop agent and back as well as doing this on the web. I still can't get to the log out option for the addon to log in or out. Is there something more that needs to be done?

• 3 months later...

Not sure if its the same problem; when getting search results in google, the "see related results" wont work. I cannot sign in. When i click the sign in, im redirected to my evernote (web), already signed in. Using firefix #firefox

Archived