(Archived) Reorganized Evernote on one computer; how to sync with other?

cathyjm

On my laptop, I did a lot of reorganization and cleanup of my Evernote files. These have been synchronized to the Web. When I go to my desktop computer, how can I make sure that the cleaned-up Web version overrides the old files on the desktop computer?

I've had bad experiences with synchronizing other things -- Chrome bookmarks, for example -- where cleanup on one computer was for naught because the next sync just added all the deleted folders and files right back in. Want to make sure my freshly cleaned-up Evernote stays as is!

On my laptop, I did a lot of reorganization and cleanup of my Evernote files. These have been synchronized to the Web. When I go to my desktop computer, how can I make sure that the cleaned-up Web version overrides the old files on the desktop computer?

I've had bad experiences with synchronizing other things -- Chrome bookmarks, for example -- where cleanup on one computer was for naught because the next sync just added all the deleted folders and files right back in. Want to make sure my freshly cleaned-up Evernote stays as is!

If everything looks good on the web client (source of all truths), just sync the desktop. Where you run into problems is if you make changes on both computers before changes from one computer have been synced to the other one. More info here:

But I always like to make a backup of the good database...just in case. Please search the board on backup/restore should you need more info, since this has already been discussed at great length.

Archived