• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
downandout

windows "Could not connect to server" after fresh install on Win8 x64

Agree with #25 & #26 above.

Had same problem on Win8 laptop.

I opened IE, and clicked Allow as it was asking about the Evernote extension, then updated IE and cleared History and cache just in case, and now works fine 

Agree with #25 & #26 above.

Had same problem on Win8 laptop.

I opened IE, and clicked Allow as it was asking about the Evernote extension, then updated IE and cleared History and cache just in case, and now works fine

Thanks for reporting! However, I've deleted your posts in other threads, as they were copy/pasted versions of this post.

Just solved the problem for me. I tried to use a proxy and it didn't work, IE couldn't get online. So I had to reset the proxy settings in Win 7 by going to Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > checked up "Automatically detect settings" and unchecked "Proxy server" 

Hope this helps for others!

=

Sharky of BusinessHack.org

• Like 1

I tried running the evernote clipper and then launched evernote. This worked for me. Windows 7 64. Problem started after update of 5.1.2.2387 on earlier this week.

You may also check your proxy settings. Evernote uses the same Internet settings as IE. So if IE can connect to the Internet, Evernote can connect too.

Hello Everyone!

I joined this forum to get help with the same problem as you all appear to have.  I have been using EN for 2 years on my phone.  I decided to go premium after I install EN on my home and office windows machines.  The install at work was very easy and the EN started, I logged in and there was "Evernote" from my phone.  Great!

BUT the install on my home computer did not go as well.  and I get the same window as the first post stating that EN can not connect to the sever.  I tried to uninstall and downloaded  " EverNote 5.6.4.4632(1),exe" and started again with the same result.

I have to say I am disappointed

in EN support.  I understand that this is a user forum but there is real problem here that surely they know about and it is effecting a lot of us.

I will open a support ticket and let you know what happens. 

I wonder how many sales they lose due this problem?

Cburg

Just solved the problem for me. I tried to use a proxy and it didn't work, IE couldn't get online. So I had to reset the proxy settings in Win 7 by going to Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > checked up "Automatically detect settings" and unchecked "Proxy server" 

Hope this helps for others!

=

Sharky of BusinessHack.org

Thanks for this post.  After making my first post, I went back though all the posts again and found your fix.  Once I figured out how to do what you said, It worked !!! 

Being new to the forum  I am not sure of the layout but if there is a section with " Help and Tips" your post should be put in there.

Thanks again  :)

Cburg

I maybe a little late, but for anyone who may come acros this thread:

I had the same problem on my Win7 PC and what make it work for me was this:

Internet Options > Advanced and tick the Use SSL 2.0.